The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Jackson Steel's New Hand-Operated Pitch Changing Mechanism
Niels Andrews

Salinas, California, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2015 6:52 am    

You vary the string tension just as you do with a PSG. I think due to the lack of linkage and play in the system it is the most direct system I have seen. The potential is to add full and extended chords to a resonator. I think one should go play it before rendering opinions it will be an enjoyable tool for the instruments it is used on. There is a potential for some enjoyable sounds from a resonator no one has really heard before, unless you had the opportunity to play a pedal-bro. And I think they were a little pricier?

Stefan Robertson

Hertfordshire, UK
Post  Posted 13 May 2015 12:32 am    

Not trying to be tacky but how would you feel if you developed the first MULTI-bender system by hand that WORKED efficiently. Not just a single string bender.

Tuned to open E sat down for hours single-handedly trying to educate people on how it worked. Spent loads of money too. Travel from Germany through the UK and US giving Demos. Demoed in 2005 first multi-bender prototype. Then decided people would rather get a lap steel that was already setup plus a built in Capo-system.

Revealed Pomona Lap Steel Guitar and Demoed it at NAMM in the US in 2008 as revolutionary then a few years later someone copies it and calls it theirs.

Forget about me being tacky Martin is a great guy and put himself through all kinds of stress, adjustments etc until it was perfect.

So How would YOU feel?

And so you know the idea Martin had was great. COPYING it and calling it yours is not. BTW you can use your palm and wrist on the Duesneberg.
E13#9/F secrets: https://thelapsteelguitarist.wordpress.com

"Give it up for The Lap Steel Guitarist"

Ross Shafer

Petaluma, California
Post  Posted 13 May 2015 7:02 am    

Stefan.....I hear what you're saying, but lets not ignore/forget the Bigsby palm pedal from the early '70's....kinda shines the same light you're pointing at Jackson, on Duesenberg doesn't it?

One of the Hipshot benders offers palm levers too...I'm pretty sure that one pre- dates the Duesy as well.

All that said, kudos to the Jackson folks for adding what seems like a very nice system to their already impressive product line.