The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Custom Printed Steel Guitar T-Shirts
Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2015 4:10 am    

Have a shirt made with YOUR steel guitar on it. (or any other guitar - or any other image)

I work for The Guitar Shed. We operate music stores on military installations. We currently have stores at Keesler Air Force Base in Biloxi, MS, and also at Naval Air Station - Pennsacola in Florida.

We have a partner vendor on base at Keesler, who has just acquired a Direct-To-Fabric printer.

Through him, we are able to offer high-quality custom printed shirts, with any image you submit. The higher resolution the image, the better the shirt will look. A higher resolution also means we can enlarge the picture more.

This printer produces a super high quality product. This is not your common screen-printed shirt that will fade & peel after a few rounds through the laundry. Another benefit of direct-to-fabric printing, is that you can get 1 or 2 shirts -- you don't have to order a dozen or more.

Several colors of shirts are available, but personally I think black shirts look best. Sizes are S - XL, with 2X and 3X available soon.

Prices are:
Shirt with image on Front or Back: $24.99
Shirt with image on Front AND Back: $34.99
USPS Flat Rate Priority Shipping $5.95

The shirt pictured, was made with simply an image I saved from a steel guitar website.

Close up of the image on shirt:

Stu Schulman

Ulster Park New Yawk (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2015 12:54 pm    

I would like to have a shirt made,is there an email address to send a jpeg to?
Steeltronics Z-pickup,Desert Rose S-10 4+5,Desert Rose Keyless S-10 3+5... Mullen G2 S-10 3+5,Telonics 206 pickups,Telonics volume pedal.,Blanton SD -10,Emmons GS_10...Zirctone bar,Bill Groner Bar...any amp that isn't broken.Steel Seat.Com seats...Licking paint chips off of Chinese Toys since 1952.

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2015 1:28 pm    

PM sent, Stu.

John Limbach

Billings, Montana, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2015 3:15 pm    

And me too!

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2015 2:56 am    

Check your PM's, John. Thanks

Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2015 4:20 am    

Steve, I'll be wanting a tee shirt, too, but I have a question on whether or not I should send the image as .JPG or .PSD and what dpi resolution you're needing. Please fire me a PM or email when you've got a chance.
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 13 Apr 2015 5:17 am    

Jim, I agree that info might help. What would be the max resolution you could handle? My slightly old Canon can take a 6.3 megapixel pic, is that too much or should I size it down some?

Any guidance deeply appreciated. Thank you in advance for your time and effort.

Steve Green

Gulfport, MS, USA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2015 6:38 pm    

Jim and DG, I'll find out the technical info from the printer when I go back to work on Wednesday 4/15.

A jpeg should be fine, that's what I saved the Promat picture as from the website on the sample shirt. I'll find out Wednesday about the resolution / DPI info.

Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2015 6:39 am    

Steve, what I'm thinking about is a shirt like this mock-up example I made to suggest how it would look ...

I created an image of my actual Mullen in both a JPEG with white background and a transparency .PSD file so that it could be superimposed on other backgrounds, like a colored shirt. That's why I was asking about the format and required DPI resolution.

I'd love to have a shirt proudly displaying the Mullen logo and the image of my own guitar splashed across the front like that. Smile

Another idea for the shirt I'd like is ...

... the guitar image on the front with my name and, on the back, the Mullen logo with my own personal motto, "When you play the best ... why try the rest?" It'd be a fun shirt to wear at steel guitar shows. Smile
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)