The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase, mcgehee, arkansas
Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 27 Mar 2015 1:57 pm    

Saturday june 13th at the hackett's gospel music shed. located 3 miles south of mcgehee, Arkansas on u.s. hwy 65. the audience is requesting another performance of the grand ole gospel from those guy's and their steel guitars. the climate controlled rocking chair comfort and large stage will once again be the home of the finest steel guitar showcase in the delta. all we are lacking is your commitment, 25 minute slots are available, but limited. don't hesitate and wait you might be too late. the band is ready and so is the crowd, this is your day, for cryin' out loud....
any player level encouraged to apply
country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2015 5:57 am     steelin' the gospel

the Friday nite early-bird tune-up jam has been added for Friday nite, june 12th, from 6:00pm to 10:00pm. even if your not on the Saturday showcase you are invited to participate in the Friday nite show. all players, singers and instruments. area motels and campgrounds will have special steelin' the gospel rates. plenty of parking and wheelchair friendly(no steps), church groups welcome. both days.

country jack

Arvis Moore

Brandon, Ms.
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2015 5:15 am     gospel steel show

country jack, I plan on coming this year. put me on the list for a spot. thanks, Arvis Moore

Terry Sneed

Arkansas,
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2015 11:12 am     steelin the gospel

Country Jack, in case u didnt get my email, if u can spot me between 3:00 n 4:00 or somewhere close, I'd appreciate it. Lookin forward to it. Terry

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 Apr 2015 8:21 pm    

arvis and terry....you guy's are on for sure.
thanks
this is lookin' good.
have received call's from ohio and Montana about scheduling vacations so they can take in the weekend.
the slot's are filling up for players as we speak.

country....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 9 Apr 2015 7:17 pm    

these players are registered for, the Saturday, june 13th, showcase at the steelin' the gospel, steel guitar showcase at present.
(1) - billy Henderson - Portland, Arkansas
(2) - carl cox - oak grove, Louisiana
(3) - Floyd Arbuckle - Cleveland, Mississippi
(3) - Charlie moore - deville, Louisiana
(4) - arvis moore - Brandon, Mississippi
(5) - keenun Friday, magnolia, Arkansas
(6) - terry sneed - urbana, arkansas
(7) - Louis neathery - Fiske union, louisiana
(Cool - danny case - star city, Arkansas
4 slots are available, don't wait too late....
country jack....

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 10 Apr 2015 2:14 am    

A couple years ago I attended this show and had a blast. Unfortunately scheduling will not let me attend again this year. If you guys get an opportunity to play or go and listen you will be blessed. Country Jack is a great guy to be around and you will have a great time. Maybe next year I can make it again.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2015 9:30 pm    

paul king, Texas's steel guitar player of the year for 2015, thank you for your kind words of endorsement. the door is always open for your return.
we have had people asking if the guy and his wife from texas were coming and I know they weren't asking about george and laura bush.
thanks

country jack....

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2015 11:46 am    

My son Zane and I attended two years ago. We loved this Gospel Steel and Singin! The people were very friendly and the music was just Great!

We would loved to have attended this year but we are booked already that weekend. Keep us in mind for June 2016.

Thanks and GOD bless!

Terry and Zane Wood
Marshfield, MO

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2015 8:20 am     Steelin' The Gospel

Hey Country Jack........I really do appreciate the invitation to headline this years event.....I consider this to be a great honor......I will be there. You have a great lineup of top talent. I am humbled. I would also consider it to be an honor to be a back-up player for any singer needing one. Hopefully, my lovely wife will be there with me.......she, IMHO, is a great annointed singer of some of the finest tunes ever written. Thanks again Jack, and I am looking forward to it.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2015 7:36 pm    

hal, my thanks to you...
I think you will fall in love with our steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase.
this will truly be the show of shows.
it really means a lot to have you. excited, I think! the passage, make a joyful noise will have a new meaning across southeast Arkansas on this weekend. our players can't wait to have you here and share the music and hospitality of the natural state.
we will leave a light on for ya' and be ready.
thanks....

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 30 Apr 2015 8:54 pm    

the best western in mcgehee, Arkansas,and the day's inn in lake village, Arkansas are offering a discount package to players and attendee's if they mention, the steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase at registration or over the phone booking.
the American inn, is the closest, about a quarter mile north of the Hackett's singin' shed. they will have the best discount. all have breakfast.
home cooked food will be available on Friday nite and all day Saturday. burgers, dawgs and ribs w/ fries and trimmings. you won't have to miss a note of anyones playing.

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 May 2015 7:17 pm    

the best western
1202 hwy 65 north
mcgehee, Arkansas 71654
870-222-3564 or 800-780-7234
the best western is 4 miles north of showroom....
the American inn
3439 hwy 65 north
dermott, Arkansas 71638
870-538-5247
the American inn is 1/4 mile north of showroom....

mention steelin' the gospel for spcl pricing....

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 10 May 2015 6:38 am    

the days inn
912 hwy 65/82 south
lake village, Arkansas
870-265-4545
located 15 miles south of "steelin' the gospel"
spcl rates for players and attendee's that mention the steel guitar gospel showcase- the pool is open!

on the banks of beautiful & historic Lake Chicot....

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 13 May 2015 5:51 am    

the tentative layout for the steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase on Saturday, june 13th, is as follows....

12 noon - opening prayer and ceremony with introductions and special flag day recognition by our special guest, steel guitarist, Hal Higgins.
12:20pm - Carl Cox - Oak Grove, Louisiana
1:00pm - Floyd Arbuckle - Cleveland, Mississippi
1:30pm - Keenan Friday - Magnolia, Arkansas
2:00pm - Bobby Ray - Madison, Mississippi
2:30pm - Charlie Moore - Deville, Louisiana
3:00pm - Gene Simmons - Dierks, Arkansas
4:00pm - Terry Sneed - Urbana, Arkansas
w/ Heartland
5:00pm - Hal Higgins - Denham Springs, Louisiana
w/ an unforgettable show of gospel greats!
6:00pm - Come Home it's Suppertime....
7:00pm - The Hackett's

this is one show you will not want to miss a minute of. food is available on site in the climate controlled, rocking chair comfort of the Hackett's gospel music singin' shed.
come one, come all!

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2015 8:01 pm    

Friday night, june 12th, the Friday nite early bird tune-up jam, has always been a popular event for local musicians and singers. we have steel players, guitar players, bass players and singers from all around and it turns into an olde tyme gospel sing.
everyone is invited. come one come all.
the kitcen will be open in preparation foe Saturday, sp, come on out and have supper with us. bring instruments and join in.

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jun 2015 9:04 pm    

alright, get ready, it's turnin' into what appears to be another all star showcase on Saturday and a super jam on Friday nite.
Saturday showcase players are....

Carl Cox- oak grove, louisiana
Floyd Arbuckle- Cleveland, mississippi
Keenan Friday- magnolia, arkansas
Charlie Moore- deville, louisiana
Bobby Ray- Madison, mississippi
Gene Simmons- dierks, arkansas
Danny Case-star city, arkansas
Terry Sneed- urbana, arkansas
Hal Higgins- Denham springs, Louisiana

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jun 2015 7:29 am    

a special flag day presentation will take place during this steelin' the gospel event.
veterans we appreciate what you have sacrificed for us, salute....
it's nothing like God & Country, Gospel Music and Steel Guitars. be there....

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 10 Jun 2015 9:07 pm    

as the kiddies say, "it'll be 2 more nite, nites"
and the pickin' begins........
extra, extra, ...hot off the press, an added bonus!
Hal Higgins, is packin' his gear and will be on hand for the Friday nite tune-up jam! what a deal....
this is great news, thanks Hal....!
the jam starts at 6:30pm and will quit at 10:00pm.
the Saturday showcase will start around noon and go thru all players and then "the Hackett's at 7:00pm
on Sunday June 14th, flag day, hal will be the guest pastor at the oak grove Baptist church, at McMillins corner at Lake Village, Arkansas. he will share the message and the music from the seat of his excel pedal steel guitar. you don't wanna miss this nondenominational opportunity from the steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase. let there be music, ..and there was....

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Jun 2015 6:21 pm    

thls just in....as the google spaceship was flying over the valley of the crystals down around dierks, Arkansas, it was evident that gene simmons was packin' his gear for an early departure Friday morning, this boils down to the fact that gene and hal will both be in the house Friday nite for the early bird tune-up jam. it's a good thing that this is also free admission, 'cause you can't buy talent like what the two of these guys have.

country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 12 Jun 2015 9:18 pm    

fantabulous, to describe the tune-up jam tonite in one simple word, it was, ....fantabulous. with most of the showcase players coming in early tomorrow, two of the guys that came the furthest, gene simmons from dierks, arkansas and hal Higgins from, Denham springs, Louisiana and the one that was the closest, eddie ray baker, from Greenville, Mississippi, along with the steelin' the gospel orchestra, led by bobby ray from Madison, Mississippi, seth hayes on drums from Eudora, Arkansas and phillip & Jeremy payne from McMillans Corner. not a better gospel music exposition was experienced for 500 miles, at least, in all directions. and this was just the jam. tomorrow the icing goes on the cake.
thanks guys for making the difference.
country jack....

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 14 Jun 2015 4:43 pm    

this years showcase is behind us now and by request the 4th annual steelin' the gospel showcase has been confirmed as the 2nd Saturday in june. although sickness captured 2 of our guys and forced last minute cancellations for terry sneed and Charlie moore the bar was raised out of site by the players on hand. much thanks goes out to all for really making this a top rank professional show, thanks to our special guests', hal Higgins, gene simmons, keenan Friday, Floyd Arbuckle, eddie baker and carl cox' I think everybody stepped up a notch or two on this.
the steelin' the gospel orchestra, some might refer to as a band,with bobby ray at piano, seth hays on drums, jeremy payne on bass and Floyd Arbuckle and phillip payne on guitars, was the icing on the cake.
arranged on demand was no step for these guy's. not just s band!
see ya'll next june for the 4th annual :steelin' the gospel steel guitar showcase", 2nd Saturday in june, 2016
country jack....