The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons ID and pricing
Eric Philippsen

Central Florida USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 8:20 am    

I'm right there with the opinion of Doug. It's been my experience that a push-pull isn't as "fast" as an all-pull, but that doesn't really matter. The critical thing is whether it's adjusted properly. A well-adjusted push-pull is something else.

And tone to die for.

Last, as Doug mentions, push-pulls definitely have cut-through. That's right up there with the tone factor in my book.

Adam Nero

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 8:57 am    

You guys are not wrong, it's a great little guitar. And lighter than I expected.

I set this up side by side with my Mullen and played them. The Emmons is just great. The push pull has its own feel and I could see getting really comfortable on it. This seems like the sort of choice on which reasonable men can differ, but familiarity of my Mullen wins the day.

You'll likely see the Emmons listed in the for sale section this week... gotta finance a deposit on a Clinesmith D8. Nonpedal is where my heart is at these days. Smile

Maybe this makes me an evil "flipper," but I'm okay with that. When it's sold, I'll make a larger-than-usual forum donation since it was forumites' advice and knowledge that got me to pull the trigger on this deal.

Chris Grigsby

Boulder, CO
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 9:14 am    

Hey Adam, I'm interested in the Emmons S10 and sent you a PM/Email.

Best,
Chris

Jerome Hawkes

Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 10:55 am    

it is my understanding that the S-10 used the C6 changer which was a bit beefier and also stiffer than the E9 changer on the D-10. after a trip to 2 of the best PP techs in the country, i got my S10 to play "acceptable" - but it was nothing like my legrande. its funny you mention like driving a tank - because i always thought mine reminded me of an old '73 ford 3-speed farm truck i drove way back (manual steering and brakes!)....that thing is still in service too Laughing

i had an old steeler one time say you need to learn on a stiff steel - so i didnt worry about it.

Adam Nero

Wisconsin
Post  Posted 23 Mar 2015 2:59 pm    

Listed for sale:

http://bb.steelguitarforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=281756

Chris, you're first in line, will wait to hear from you.