The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Thanks TSGA & Saturday Night Visitors
Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2015 6:04 pm    

Once again, a great show in Dallas put on by the TSGA. They never fail to deliver an action-packed, hi-caliber, quality show ... second to none!

I especially want to thank all of the attendees there during my set on Saturday evening. It was very special to have over 1000 people sing Happy Birthday to me. My thanks to all of you (even if you weren't singing in the right key.) I am a very blessed man to have so many friends, and I am honored by the TSGA to have been invited to their great event once again.

Jana Lockaby

Kaufman, TX
Post  Posted 19 Mar 2015 5:44 am    

You were great. The new CD...my favorite one yet. Give Donna a hug for me. See you next year.

Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 5:01 pm    

Tommy you are always a high light of the show. You stray away from the "A Way To Survive" mentality, but the songs you pick are ones that everyone seems to enjoy. I'm a Zummy anyway, but I thought the Wimpy Zum Hybrid was the best tone of all the ones I heard.

Tommy Dodd

Acworth, Ga., USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 20 Mar 2015 5:03 pm    

Jana,

Thanks so much for being a supporter for a long while. Luv you guys a bunch.

Also, I should say thanks to all of you that picked up a copy of the new "iSteel" CD or one of the new "You Can't Fake this Sound" Tee shirts. Those items will be going up on my website very soon.

And Danny, thanks for your kind words. I am really enjoying being back in the saddle with my Zum Hybrid. It has a growl and tactile feedback that my other guitars don't seem to have. Although, I own 4 other Zums and don't have any plans to sell any. I'm just sayin".....

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2015 4:20 am    

Well Tommy, I know you will be shocked by what I am about to say (hehe).

Your set was fresh and flawless as always. You have an approach like no other and that is good. As much as we joke around with each other about our picking abilities, you are right up there at the top and I want everyone reading this to know that.
Now, when it comes to the CRB, seems like neither one of us is good enough.

OK, OK, you say I have tremendous tone, but now what about my picking? haha

I love you like a brother and will continue to "go on" with you in our conversations. If I did not, you would think I didn't love you.

Just saying"""
AUTHORIZED George L's, Goodrich, Telonics and Peavey Dealer: I have 2 steels and several amps. My current rig of choice is 1993 Emmons LeGrande w/ 108 pups (Jack Strayhorn built for me), Goodrich OMNI Volume Pedal, George L's cables, Goodrich Baby Bloomer and Peavey Nashville 112. Can't get much sweeter.

Jim Cooley

The 'Ville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 21 Mar 2015 6:09 am    

Tommy,

Your show is one that I always make a point to see. There is no disputing your technical skills. What makes your performances special is the way your love of the instrument shows while you play. Thanks for coming to Texas.