The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Association - first jam on Feb 8th
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 5 Jan 2015 5:22 pm    

San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc. will have the first jam session of 2015 on February 8th, at the William Randolph American Legion Post #593 from 2pm until 5pm. Address is 326 W. Legion, Converse, Texas and the admission is free. We ask all steel guitar players, dobro players, non-pedal steel players to attend no matter what your skill level may be. Please be setup, tuned up and ready to play at 2pm. The American Legion will have hamburgers available and the canteen will be open for your favorite beverage. We will have a 4 SALE OR TRADE table available. Our fabulous backup band will be on board to support all musicians. I want to thank all of the players and our band and our featured performers for donating their time and travel at their own expense to help make these jam sessions a success. Come out and enjoy the fun.

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2015 7:49 am     sasga

Oh boy, I am so happy to start out with a New Year. I have missed being with the fellowship of everyone and especially the steel guitar folks. Hoping everyone comes out and enjoys a wonderful time for some great playing. See yal there.

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 20 Jan 2015 5:06 pm    

I am looking forward to our kick off session. It will be a lot of fun and sharing of good music.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 26 Jan 2015 4:20 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Feb. 8 2015 should be a great jam session, with all the time out for the last few months. All the players should have plenty of new songs ready to go and those hamburgers at the American Legion will make you smile. Please come out and participate if you can and enjoy the afternoon with good friends, good music , and good music....jr

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2015 1:21 pm     Dale Thomas is confirmed as our Featured Performer for Feb 8

Great news! Dale Thomas has confirmed as our Featured Performer for the Feb 8th San Antonio Steel Guitar jam. This will be a really fun event so come on out, bring your steel guitar, eat some hamburgers and snacks, drink a few adult beverages, and join the party! The music starts at 2:00 and goes until 5:00. Also, don't forget the For Sale table where you just never know (life is like a box of chocolates).

Looking forward to seeing everyone and catching up.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 27 Jan 2015 10:04 pm    

just my bad luck. i will be in san antone for a meeting, feb 24, 25 & 26.are there any steel guitar happenings any where on the thursday and friday nites?

country jack....

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 31 Jan 2015 6:57 am     Jam....

I'll be coming and will be bringing a seat and amp that will be on the 4SALE table.....

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2015 1:52 am     sasga

Say Country Jack looks like we will miss you in February, but hopefully March might work for you. We would love to have you join us.

Mike please do bring your for sale items and come set in with us with your steel. Lets have some fun.

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2015 8:10 am     Jam....

Kenny....I'll show and play...hope the sound of my playing won't damage anyone's ears....

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2015 8:33 am     Mike Kowalik

I hope Mike does play at the jam session. He's an excellent player .....jr

Mike Kowalik

San Antonio,Texas
Post  Posted 1 Feb 2015 12:28 pm    

I'll be there Joe...wanna check out that new amp rig you put together....

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2015 7:36 pm    

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Ted Smouse

Austin, Texas USA
Post  Posted 5 Feb 2015 8:09 am    

I may be down in San Antone this weekend with my wife and daughter, and able to come to the jam. I curious Ben Price, if you know what time my friend Dale Thomas might play. I don't think we can come for the whole three hours, but want to try to be there when Dale is playing.

Thanks a bunch!

Ted Smouse

Austin, TX
KOOP 91.7 FM
Rancho Del Ray - Wednesdays 11 am - 12 noon CT

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2015 6:46 am    

Ted the featured player usually plays the 2nd hour.

Roger Edgington

San Antonio, Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2015 6:47 am    

I'm planning on being there. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Ted Smouse

Austin, Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Feb 2015 9:09 am    

Thanks Roger!

Ted

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Feb 2015 6:54 am    

Looking forward to seeing my buddies... and Dale!

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2015 12:39 pm     Sasga

What an event we had for our first 2015 start up, 8 pedal and non pedal players, oh Roger you are so good to go from one to another. A special thanks to Dale Thomas as he provided a great show as our featured guest. We would like to thank first time Dennis Bailey which will be our featured guest the first of March, and also Jim Yoder for coming and spending a Beautiful Sunday with us. Also David, Dean, Roger and Stephen who headed up the trail of I-35 North listing to that good ole western swing, and Ladies, thank all of you for supporting all of us while we all come together for such a great event such as this. Brother Joe a special thanks for ram rodding the first part of the show. We sure miss your "MC"ing. Also YOU boys in the band ya'l kicked butt. Until March!!!

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Feb 2015 1:48 pm     MCing

My pleasure doing the MC gig Kenny. A really good jam session for the time I was there. Dale Thomas was his usual great playing self and Dale and Roger together were something to behold. Everyone seemed to have a good time playing and Thank you Stephen Cowell for playing Boot Scootin Boogie for me. I regret I had to leave at half time but family calls. I'll be there March 1 for another great jam session....jr