The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lead guitar fill-in, Houston area, Mar 14th
Les Cargill

Oklahoma City, Ok, USA
Post  Posted 22 Jan 2015 4:47 pm    

Our lead player is unavailable Mar 14th.

This is a weekend-warrior gig. These are very, very nice people who do this for the heck of it, but with a deliberate approach and a work ethic. You don't talk money with me, you talk it with the boss.

I play both steel and six string. We could play it four piece, but I thought I'd try here. Since I play six-string, I can cover anything that's too custom. But we're starting to be known as a band with a steel, and I hate to disappoint.

It's not a lot of money, but it'll be fun. The clubowner and band are more like family than anything else.

List is a mix of the usual Waylon/Haggard/Dwight/Tritt with a few newerish ( NO! BRO-COUNTRY - think "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"*) and rock tunes for the heck of it. Not Classic Country overall - I'm workin' on 'em.

*I don't consider that one bro-country. YMMV.

We do play Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl - the band are not jaded people.

If you could manage a couple of rehearsals, that'd be awesome, but we understand if you don't want to. But skipping rehearsals means you need to bring it Smile At least one meetup before would be better - and these folks are busy, so the best place for that is rehearsal.