The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Stream Charlie Pride In Person at Panther Hall - Lloyd Green
John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2015 2:20 pm    

Hi All:

In my thus far fruitless search for a CD copy for purchase of what seems to be the out of print live Charlie Pride concert at Panther Hall featuring Lloyd Green, I stumbled upon a Charlie Pride page which has the entire concert in 2 parts available to stream. Anyone know a way to download streamed material so I can get this onto a CD before it vanishes from the internet? Great quality recording. You can stream it while reading the Forum over a cup of coffee. Nothing better!

http://worriersanonymous.org/Music/Country/Pride/Pride.htm

Jon Light

Saugerties, NY
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2015 2:46 pm    

DownloadHelper works (I just tried it). I don't need it---I've got this on CD---but everybody else, grab it up! Essential listening/studying.

Billy McCombs

Bakersfield California, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2015 8:17 pm     Hall

John I sent you a PM.
78 Emmons PP,Great tone.82 Emmons SKH #56

Mike Bowles

Princeton, West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 8:11 am     charlie pride

i went to amazon all i could find was almost 300 bucks wow.

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 10:39 am    

Yeah. Tried and saw that. Crazy.

joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 1:45 pm    

I would sure like to know how to down load it also.

joe long

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 1:45 pm    

I would sure like to know how to down load it also.

DG Whitley

Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 3:02 pm    

...to me, what I heard was not a good mix, I heard no bass whatsoever, and not much of anything else other than drums and Lloyd on steel. Then again, if all you want to hear is Lloyd, then it's good for that.

Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 18 Jan 2015 3:17 pm    

if you e-mail me i'll send you a digital copy.

Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 4:50 am    

DG Whitley wrote:
...to me, what I heard was not a good mix, I heard no bass whatsoever, and not much of anything else other than drums and Lloyd on steel. Then again, if all you want to hear is Lloyd, then it's good for that.

Yea, that's how it sounded to me too. I even plugged my computer into my home stereo and this recording just has no bottom end at all. At times I could faintly hear the kick drum like it was being picked up from another mic across the stage or something.

Lots of great playing & singing by Lloyd & Charlie though....thanks for posting!!

Michael Coggins

Sligo, Ireland
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 5:20 am     Charle Pride Concert

Love this! PSG out front in the mix, it would never happen today.

Thanks for posting John.
Mullen Royal Precision SD10, 2002 Fender Telecaster, Alden Mandocaster, Boss Katana 100-212, Stage One V/P, Tom Bradshaw Resonator Pedal. Wampler Paisley Drive, Wampler Ego Compressor, Boss Super Chorus, Simble Overdrive.

Dave Campbell

Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 11:59 am    

i've had lots of folks e-mailing for a digital copy, so i'm sharing this link to my drop box. i'm only doing this because the record is out of print, and we aren't cheating any artists out of their hard earned cash.

a lot of folks are saying that the link posted by the op has not much on it but charley and lloyd, but that's how the record is, too. you don't hear a heck of a lot more of anythin else (except the guy humming on six days on the road).

that said, the copy from my drop box isn't as warm and full as my vinyl copy, but it is pretty good.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v6eadcl773h7o5b/AAD-BcdBRWBBjOhVykIieaDIa?dl=0

Michael Coggins

Sligo, Ireland
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 12:59 pm     Charlie at Panther

Dave Campbell wrote:
i've had lots of folks e-mailing for a digital copy, so i'm sharing this link to my drop box. i'm only doing this because the record is out of print, and we aren't cheating any artists out of their hard earned cash.

a lot of folks are saying that the link posted by the op has not much on it but charley and lloyd, but that's how the record is, too. you don't hear a heck of a lot more of anythin else (except the guy humming on six days on the road).

that said, the copy from my drop box isn't as warm and full as my vinyl copy, but it is pretty good.

Many thanks for this John. A donation sent to the SGF for your kindness.
Mullen Royal Precision SD10, 2002 Fender Telecaster, Alden Mandocaster, Boss Katana 100-212, Stage One V/P, Tom Bradshaw Resonator Pedal. Wampler Paisley Drive, Wampler Ego Compressor, Boss Super Chorus, Simble Overdrive.

Ben Rubright

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 2:35 pm    

Just thinking.....................we talk so much about 'Live at Panther Hall' with Charlie and Lloyd and with good reason...I have both CD and vinyl.....if you heard that there was going to be 'Live at The Ryman' with Charlie and Lloyd....would you buy a ticket? I tell you, I would be in line RIGHT NOW!!!!!! regardless of the cost.....plane fare, hotel, ticket, etc. I think it would be the concert of the millennium.....and I mean no disrespect to Ronnie Miller who I think is an awesome steel player. It seems that some enterprising promoter could make it happen. How about it? Charlie???? Lloyd??????? Anyone???????

Frank Freniere

The First Coast
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 2:48 pm    

Ben Rubright wrote:
Just thinking.....................we talk so much about 'Live at Panther Hall' with Charlie and Lloyd and with good reason...I have both CD and vinyl.....if you heard that there was going to be 'Live at The Ryman' with Charlie and Lloyd....would you buy a ticket? I tell you, I would be in line RIGHT NOW!!!!!! regardless of the cost.....plane fare, hotel, ticket, etc. I think it would be the concert of the millennium.....and I mean no disrespect to Ronnie Miller who I think is an awesome steel player. It seems that some enterprising promoter could make it happen. How about it? Charlie???? Lloyd??????? Anyone???????

Ben, that is just stone brilliant!!! Why not?

Michael Coggins

Sligo, Ireland
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 4:02 pm     Re: Charlie at Panther

Michael Coggins wrote:
Dave Campbell wrote:

Many thanks for this John. A donation sent to the SGF for your kindness.

Meant to say thanks to David Campbell!