The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Feels like a disaster but I hope not
George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2015 1:19 pm    

While playing the steel alongside the computer, I went to do something with my picks on and I don't know what I did, but all of a sudden I saw files moving from O/S to my desktop. In a panice I tried to X it off, but nothing I did would stop the flow, so I hit shut down, and of course, it said it can't because this was holding it open, so I hit "force shut down" and it ground to a halt.

When I rebooted, I have a folder called "bb" which I recognize on my desktop with 112,000 files in 4,000 folders.

But all my files don't have the BIAB logo in them, just a white square with some dots in it. When I click on a BB file, it gives me a window asking what program do I wish to open the file with. But. BB isn't there. I almost need somebody with Team View or some such program to take control of my computer.

I called PG music and left a message at the tone, but they dont say to do that, they say, "if you got this message, all are techies are busy", so I'm not sure what to do besides crying!!!!(joking) I'm a guy who's legally blind and it's a hassle for me when things go astray. I should not use my mouse with my pics on.

Where do I go from here, please. Help, Au secours as they say in Quebec.

George

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

George Rout

St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 7 Jan 2015 4:32 pm    

Well, I'm a happy BB guy again. I chatted with Kallum, a support chap who guided me to undoing my "slip of the mouse" which affected over 112,000 bb files in over 4,000 folders.

Daid Collins, please close this thread.

Geo

"I play in the A Major tuning. It's fun to learn and so easy to play. It's as old as the hills....like me"

David Collins

Madison, North Carolina, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2015 3:04 pm    

Closed at George's request.