The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons PP D-10 8X5 Black 1974. Sold!
mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2014 2:14 pm    

Black 1974 Emmons D-10 Fatback with 8 pedals and 5 knees. Standard Emmons setup on E9 and C6 necks. E9 pedals A, B, and C. C6 pedals 4,5,6,7,and 8. See chart for string gauges and full copedent.

I bought this guitar in 1996, and have owned it since. I have not gigged this guitar more than a few dozen times as most of my gigs can be handled by a single 10 E9 guitar. It has been used mostly for recording in my studio. When I bought the guitar, which was virtually unplayed, I took it directly to Mike Cass for a setup and general going over. Mike added the vertical lever and changed a few pulls around… other than changing strings, cleaning, lube and tightening the occasional loose screw, it has not been messed with since. Yesterday, I pulled the pedals off the rack, cleaned and re-lubed, pulled the roller nuts and cleaned the rollers and axles and re-lubed, installed new Live Steel strings on both necks. Ready to play. There are extra, unused rod pullers on the guitar, so you could add a couple of pulls without searching for expensive parts.

The guitar is in very clean original condition, pedals show very little wear, Formica is in great shape. There are a few scratches on the keyhead endplate facing the rear of the guitar (see picture), otherwise metal is mirror shiny. Underside is clean, functioning perfectly, and factory stock. Pickups and electronics are stock, and have never been removed or otherwise molested.

Original case is in good condition, with a few dings and scuffs. There were a few items in the case from the original owner when I bought it... I am including those items.

TALL GUY ALERT!!!

This guitar is factory 2” over standard height, with original, turned end, pedal rods.
I have had a couple questions concerning the height of this guitar. It measures 27 1/2" from the floor to the bottom of the apron.... standard is 25 1/2".

I will be happy to work with the buyer to convert it to your height preference at no additional cost.

I have owned half a dozen Emmons PP guitars, and played a lot of others, this one is, hands down, the best playing PP that I ever sat behind…. I am a complete idiot for selling this, but I’ve made the commitment to go with the Universal tuning (on a recently acquired black S-12 Push Pull)… I know that I’ll never do it with this D-10 around.

I really, really, really don’t want to ship this. If you are near New York City, I will drive up to 3 or 4 hours to meet you somewhere. If you are anywhere between NYC and Louisville KY, I will be driving to Louisville on Dec 27th or 28th. We could arrange a meet along the way, or within a 3 hour drive of Louisville.

Lowering price from $3600.00 to $3400.00

plus shipping (if it comes to that) Paypal is probably best… I’ll split the 3% fee with you. Other arrangements could be made. I’m not looking for trades… although, I might consider a recent Zum Uni.

Last edited by mike nolan on 19 Jan 2015 9:18 am; edited 6 times in total

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 23 Dec 2014 4:35 pm    

I have had a couple questions concerning the height of this guitar. It measures 27 1/2" from the floor to the bottom of the apron.... standard is 25 1/2".

I will be happy to work with the buyer to convert it to your height preference at no additional cost.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 27 Dec 2014 11:34 am    

Leaving NYC for Louisville KY later today. The Emmons will be traveling with me. If you are along the route and are interested in the guitar pm me via the forum, I will be checking in.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2014 4:04 pm    

The guitar is with me in Louisville KY. I can deliver within a 3 or 4 hour radius of Louisville... so Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Tennessee, even Ohio are in reach.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 4 Jan 2015 7:21 pm    

New Year bump.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 9 Jan 2015 12:19 pm    

Price drop to $3400.00.

I will be leaving the Louisville KY area on Monday, Jan. 12th. I will be driving back to New York, so if there are any interested parties on the way, I could do a local delivery. Save shipping costs and check out the guitar before handing over the cash.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 16 Jan 2015 3:49 pm    

Back in NYC!

John Brabant

Calais, VT, USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2015 2:37 pm    

Mike, PM sent. Please check.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 17 Jan 2015 4:08 pm    

PM replied to.

Thanks John.

mike nolan

Forest Hills, NY USA
Post  Posted 19 Jan 2015 9:17 am    

Sold!

A tall guy got this guitar, and it fits like a glove.... I'm glad that this rare, factory oversize, guitar didn't have to be cut down.