The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The Time Jumpers
Roy Peterman

Muncy Valley, Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2014 5:41 am    

I finally got to see The Time Jumpers last night in Wilkes-Barre PA. Both Vince and Paul were with them, and I can truly say they were awesome! Paul played some things that I didn't think were humanly possible. All the musicians in the group were outstanding. If a person has a chance, please go see them. (They also got a standing ovation; deservedly so.) And thanks Paul, for the chance to say Hello.

John Haspert

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2014 11:45 am     Time Jumpers

You have to know my sense of humor here..... Their shows are so boring...perfect exectution, superb muscality, 3 fiddles that play perfectly in tune and with feeling to die for, vocals that are angelic and a steel player that puts nearly everyone else in the category of "pedal steel guitar owner". Each one better than the next and no egos on the stage.

As you can probably tell, these guys and gals walk on the musical water so to speak in IMHO. Have had the pleasure of seeing these guys and gals in several iterations and venues. If you get a chance, go see them. One word of advice....make sure you have a drive home that is long enough....that way you will have had time for the feeling of wanting to burn your instruments in a bonfire to subside!!!

Roy Peterman

Muncy Valley, Pennsylvania
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2014 2:09 pm    

(One word of advice....make sure you have a drive home that is long enough....that way you will have had time for the feeling of wanting to burn your instruments in a bonfire to subside!!!)

John, That is funny!

Lynn Fargo

Fort Edward, NY
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2014 2:37 pm    

Have to agree with you, Roy and John. I laughed, I cried, but mostly I sat there in awe with either my jaw dropped down to my knees or a smile from ear to ear that they're still trying to wipe off my face.
Fantastic show!!!!
Also, glad for the honor of being able to shake Mr. Franklin's hand.
I was sad Dawn couldn't make it, but the boys carried the torch. What an incredible bunch of musicians!
A must see show.

Ben Lawson

Brooksville Florida
Post  Posted 23 Nov 2014 7:24 pm    

We saw them in September at 3rd & Lindsley. We sat at a small table next to a large round table with the name FRANKLIN on it. I got to sit next to Paul Sr. swap jokes and listen to him talk about his days at ShoBud. What an interesting and informative man. Paul came over on his breaks and we spoke a bit and took some pic's. What a night to remember. Oh, and the music was indeed perfect.

Don Drummer

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 27 Nov 2014 12:20 pm     The first beat

I saw them in the summer of '13 at 3rd and Lindsley. I can't get over the feeling I had when they played the first beat. I'm telling you this group had no need to gradually warm-up and get better as the night went along. Euphonic I tell you! Kinda scary, really.