The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New West Texas Steel Guitar School Class ** Feb 20th-21st**
Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 25 Oct 2014 9:09 pm    

Just putting out an early notice for the next beginner-intermediate E9th class to be held on February 20 & 21, 2015. I have put this weekend aside already and I have not determined who will be my special guest teacher at this point in time. I have learned much in the past 3 or 4 years in teaching these 2 days seminars and I always ask for feedback, and what do you want. I believe the classes are getting better all the time. One of the latest ideas that has been a big hit is using a simple 5 chord scale from a 5 chord down to a 1 chord, and twisting it around literally 20 different times. This gives you a lot of licks from just a little bit of music. Check out my website for more information. Hope to see you there!
More info to come in the next few weeks.

Larry Toliver
larry@westtexassteelguitarschool.com
www.westtexassteelguitarschool.com

Dick Hitchcock

Wayne, Nebraska
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2014 4:33 am    

Larry.....Just note to say I enjoyed meeting you in Baxter Springs, and that you are a very accomplished steel player.....I could use the help, but Nebraska is a little far away.....Good luck, and I hope to see you next year in Baxter...

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 22 Nov 2014 8:27 am    

Thanks Dick,
I enjoyed meeting you as well. The show was a blast and I am looking forward to next year.
LT

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 2 Jan 2015 8:03 pm    

Just a bump to the top to keep the notice of the school in front of everyone.
Larry T

Ray Jenkins

Gold Canyon Az. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 6 Jan 2015 10:06 am    

Just getting started,been playing for awhile or holding your own? Get with Larry to learn some really neat tricks and improve your speed picking.I know I've been to his two day school in Merckle Texas and came out with promising knowledge of the steel guitarHe is prepared to not only answer all your questions but show you the right way to get there. Thanks for coming to our show Larry.

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 1 Feb 2015 9:39 pm    

Well, the class is filling up nicely. I do still have room for 1 or 2 more as of today. This is a beginner to intermediate class that will definitely take your playing to the next level. We will cover everything from tuning, bar techniques, pedals , volume pedals, chimes, chords, speed picking, backing a vocalist, learn 5 or 6 songs, learn lots of exercises, lots of scales, how to adjust and set your fingerpicks, vibrato techniques, and so on. 2 full days of being immersed in steel guitar! No place I'd rather be than right here with YOU!
Still about 3 weeks away only as of the 1st of February.
Gimme a call and lets get to Steelin'

Larry T
larry@westtexassteelguitarschool.com

Will Johnston

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2015 6:21 am    

Really wish I could attend this class again. Larry gives you all the information that you can absorb and than some. Great class Great people and great food.
Larry the two finger descending scale lick has become a daily exercise that I really enjoy. Thank You
Will

Gerry Cockrell

Buffalo Gap, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Feb 2015 12:23 pm     Steel Guitar Class

Larry, count me in.

Gerry Cockrell

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 6 Feb 2015 7:44 pm    

Thanks for the positive feedback guys. We have 5 students paid and coming with 2 more on the fence trying to work out schedules. This will be a nice sized class with lots of individual attention. See everyone there.
Larry T

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 21 Feb 2015 9:03 pm    

Had a very nice steel school with several guys from several different states. Texas, Ohio, Illinois. We worked very hard, and after 2 days of being immersed in STEEL, they are pretty much worn out and saturated. But everyone was thankful and said they'd come back to another school. I saw very nice progress from all of the students, and they all increased their skill level and knowledge this weekend. Thanks guys for attending.