The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Presonus
Gary Moore

Mobile, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2014 2:20 pm    

I have two Presonus Studiofire tube & a Studioproject Daisy Chained Hook up Thought Firewire, on a Pc windows 7, & studio one pro software, i can turn on my First studiofire tube & can play a file do anything, But when i turn on my Sec Studioproject, studio one will not Play a File, Or windows media player, or itunes, will not work or play a file, Then turn off my studioproject Every thing goes by to Working all my Drivers or up to date, Hope some one can help me Thanks.

Les Cargill

Oklahoma City, Ok, USA
Post  Posted 8 Nov 2014 3:52 pm    

When I search for "Presonus Studiofire" I don't get anything. When I search for "Studioproject" I don't get anything. Prosonus seems to turn their product line over pretty frequently.

Are there two sets of drivers? You may only get one instance of the ASIO drivers at a time. This means you get one or the other but not both. May be - I lack the equipment to test it.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/feb06/articles/pcmusician.htm

Money shot:
" Unfortunately (despite many requests from users), ASIO still doesn't officially support multiple devices, so if you have several completely different models of interface with ASIO drivers, while all will appear in the list of available devices, you can only choose one at a time. Sadly, some musicians don't realise this before buying an expensive second interface and then finding that they can't add it to their existing one inside their audio application."

The ASIO people are not being stubborn or arbitrary; there may or may not be some good way to merge audio streams from different "paths" ( that's a telecom term ) into a low-latency single "path".

What I have seen is: I have a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 ( USB2.0) and an EWS88/D PCI lightpipe card, and they do not operate together.

Since your boxes are both Presonus, it may be worth going to their Forum.

If you need 16 inputs at once, I can tell you that the Scarlett 18i20 with an 8 channel ADAT Lightpipe interface like the Behringer ADA8000 will work.

Jack Stoner

Kansas City, MO
Post  Posted 9 Nov 2014 3:36 am    

Some recording interface units will "daisy chain" together and work and others won't.

e.g. I had a Firewire connected Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 and two of those would not work together. I could hook an ADAT unit to the Saffire Pro 40 and that would work.

I have a USB connected Roland Octa-Capture (8 analog channels and two of those will daisy chain and work.

Both of the units I mentioned have ASIO and WDM drivers.

The Gearslutz forum is a good place to post this question. www.gearslutz.com

Les Cargill

Oklahoma City, Ok, USA
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2014 9:59 am    

ADAT in/out using the Saffire 40 is still just the one Saffire 40. The ASIO termination point is still at the Saffire 40.

It's unusual when you can mix two ASIO devices on the same computer at the same time with the same DAW program.

Gary Moore

Mobile, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 21 Nov 2014 6:18 am    

Thank's i fixed it, my Firewire card was bad,