The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Austin Steel Guitar Co-op November Mtg... Emmett Roch!
Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Nov 2014 10:16 pm    

We've asked Emmett to play for us and he couldn't get away from the arm twistin', so y'all come out for a good time. Emmett plays steel in the Sam Bentley band (with our own Jerry Motley) so they should have some cool stuff already worked up. Emmett's previous position was with Gary P. Nunn before Sam.

Our venue is as usual:

290 West Club
12013 U.S. 290W
Austin, TX 78737
(512) 288-0808

... and our normal time: jam at 2pm, Emmett at 3pm, jam after Emmett. Our personnel will be:

Jerry Motely guitar
Charlie Irwin bass
John Chandler drums

We're also pleased to have as our guests the San Antonio Steel Guitar Club... come on up folks and let's have a ball! The 290 serves beer and other refreshments and has great hamburgers as well, so don't worry about lunch, have it with us!

Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2014 5:25 am    

Oh baby! Beer, hamburgers, and great steel music! Count me in. Looking forward to seeing my 'cousins' up in Austin. Should be great seeing Emmett at work. This is going to be a LOT of fun!

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2014 6:44 am    

Well... alright! Ben, y'all come on up!

Emmett Roch also plays with the Jim Raby band, here's some YT of them.

http://youtu.be/g3Y9IogEvsA

Rose Sinclair

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 7 Nov 2014 7:34 pm    

Emmett Roch

Playing pedal steel since 1983, Emmett Roch has owned 3 Sho-Buds, 1 MSA, 2 Fenders, and currently on his second GFI, a 9-string E9 with 3X5.
He played guitar with local bands starting around age 11.
Emmett has played/recorded/toured (or some combination of the 3) with Johnny Rodriguez, Joe Stampley, Sheb Wooley, Smokey Rodgers, Don Reno, Jacky Ward, Dale Watson, Jessie Dayton, Gary P. Nunn, Claude Gray, "Bad" Bob Rohan, Wanda Jackson, Jett Williams, Billy Yates, Jerry Hill, "Harry Austin" (Munich), Larry Joe Taylor, Joe Ely, Roger Wallace, Bill Lewis, and others.
Emmett played with a lot of country and rockabilly bands during 3 years in Barcelona. He has toured in the U.S and western Europe.
He is currently playing with the Jim Raby (Blanco) and Sam Bentley (Austin) bands.

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 13 Nov 2014 11:38 am    

I'm hoping that I can get back from Ft. Worth on Sunday in time to see my old pal and brother Emmett do his thing for the ASGC meeting. I want to talk over some old-times with him in addition to hearing his excellent playing.

Smile Smile Smile

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 5:02 am    

Stephen packing up and almost on I-35. Cant wait to see Emmit. The posse is coming too.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 9:46 am    

7:02am! I'm late to the party! Almost done packing now... see y'all there. Bringing the pedal steel, so bring earplugs.

Emmett Roch

Texas Hill Country
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 6:52 pm    

We missed ya Herb, we had a bit of fun. Hope you made it home OK.

Ben, it was nice to finally meet you. Thanks to you and everyone else for coming out for my 45 minutes in the hot seat. LOL!

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Nov 2014 8:29 pm    

Stephen and Miss Rose, thanks for allowing the SASGA to come up north and enjoying yal's gig. I can say that I, we really enjoyed the afternoon, and especially with Emmett Roch what a player. Rose good luck with your tour Wayne the train Hancock. Hope my work schedule allows me to be off when ya'l are in Helotes. kp

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2014 5:45 pm    

Rose and Steve, thanks for being a great host. And thanks to the outstanding band, very good. I had a great time and hope we can visit again. Great time and some fun music.

Rose Sinclair

Austin, TX, USA
Post  Posted 17 Nov 2014 6:44 pm    

Hey Kenny and Mark -
Kenny, thanks for bringing your fiddle trio up from San Antonio and treating us to "Sugar Moon" and "Faded Love" and Mark we appreciated you jumping in on the steel jam sessions.
Rose