The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Arklahoma Steel Guitar Club
Jerry Knapper

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 26 Oct 2014 6:30 pm    

Next Sunday, Nov.2nd will be our next club meeting. We will not be holding a concert this November but will be focusing on sharing tricks and licks, considering some music theory applied to the pedal steel and playing some fun songs. Should be a gas!

Oh yes, there should be a couple of new steels there for us to view in AWE!

Hope to see you at the Music Row in Muldrow, OK. 1-4PM Food and beverages will be available.

Jerry Knapper

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 29 Oct 2014 7:14 pm     up

Just printed some really neat sheets that I will pass out to the players.

Ron Frederiksen

Van Buren, Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2014 6:21 am    

Today is the day. Don't come an hour early now the time has changed back an hour. We meet it 1:00, see you there!!

Jerry Knapper

Lakeland, Florida , USA
Post  Posted 6 Nov 2014 9:39 pm     fine fine Fine

We had a very good club meeting on the 2nd. Our guitar player said it was one of the best he has been at. It was exciting to see Gene Haugh bring in his newly rebuilt Super Pro. Wow, it played smoothly and quickly and sounded great. He also brought in the Zebra wood steel of mine that he had fixed up for me. It is like having a new Sho-Bud again.
We focused our attention on playing and having fun, but also spent some time on reviewing and understanding what happens when you activate a pedal, pedals or knee combination. I gave everyone a chart showing several chord possibilities. Ron had to leave early, but we had the real fun later when we played with someone kicking off a song, passing it on with the next phrase of the song and everyone having a chance to play a different phrase. Then we paired up in two's and did the same thing, only this time one played the lead phrase and the other played a seconded part with them. We also opened it up to questions to the players after each song on how they did a certain lick.
Our December meeting will be similar with a session on music theory applied to the pedal steel, followed by our Christmas dinner and 2015 business planning meeting.
Join us if you can.

Jerry Knapper