The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Great Lessons
Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 4:01 am    

William Litaker Does a great job teaching technics and songs. He gives you chops/licks to use in about any song. I bought some of his DVDs when he started Steel Guitar World and have since joined him on line for his weekly Live sessions on Sat. if you miss these or want to review them, there is a link to watch these later. Its only $5.00 for about an hour. Try finding someone to teach you for $5.00/hr. Go to http://williamlitaker.com
Lee
Here is his up and coming sessions.
2014 STEELINAR********
It is that time of year again ! Time for his Annual Steelinar.
October 25th @ 2:30 Eastern time. Streaming live on
YouTube.

live sessions that he is doing each and every Saturday at
1pm est

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 11:06 am     Litaker

I'm with you Lee. William does such a great job on the charts he provides and the instruction is great. These lessons are a steel at 5.00 each....jr

Darrell Gill

Florida, USA
Post  Posted 9 Oct 2014 2:05 pm    

Mr Barber
I have to agree with you 100%. William is the best teacher I have had. I just got to see him a few days ago and it was a real pleasure for the wife and I.. He is an awesome teacher.. I have been a college teacher for 7 years and know what it takes to teach...William has the right stuff and can back it up by playing it also...
He is also a good friend..Keep up the good work William.

Darrell and his D-10 Carter

Daniel Policarpo

Post  Posted 21 Oct 2014 10:28 am    

You guys got it. This is going to be my first year tuning into the Steelinar. Really looking forward to it, given what we've been covering the last few months with the chord study and technique exercises. I do like the Winston and Scotty books I bought when I first started a couple years ago, but William's stuff has pushed me into a whole 'nother pond. The stuff I know, I don't even have to think about it; my feet, bar, picks and knees just go there on their own. Of course, the stuff I don't know is plenty.

But in one year of instruction with William I actually got a tone I like and see a style emerging. I'm figuring this Steelinar is like providing a nice applicable how-to manual that I can use to map out the next year of practice. Can't wait to see what it brings.

-Dan

George Buechley

Indiana, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 4:42 am    

One of the best things about William's lessons and steelinars is that they are available to view time and time again in the future. This gives you something to go back to as you practice or gain experience playing. Sometimes just being exposed to a great player and seeing how they move their fingers across the strings shows you how it can be done without having to totally rely on tab. I know William's lessons have helped me. I'm looking forward to this year's Steelinar.

George

Joey Andrews

Laurel ,Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 31 Oct 2014 8:12 pm     Lesson

I agree that William's lessons are great. He sincerely wants to help you be a better player.
His lessons on technique will be a big help to you as a player.