The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIAB Tip......
Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2014 7:54 pm    

Here's a tip for you guys. To me, one of the most difficult tasks in BIAB is finding the right style for your song. This only gets more difficult and time consuming as they add more new styles. In my video series, I mentioned setting your song to play through several times so that you could audition many styles by double clicking in the style picker. This makes it play over and over without having to start the song and wait for the count in each time. This works great for midi styles, but real styles are different. Here's why..... With real tracks, BIAB has to generate audio tracks of the selected style. If it has to do this for the complete song, or several plays of the song, it takes a long time to generate the tracks.

So, here's the tip: Create a new song with just a few bars, say 8 or so, of your song. Set it to play only one time through. This will only take a few seconds to generate the tracks and you can audition many tracks in a short time.

Understand that BIAB has an audition function to play a few bars of a preset chord progression, but this is not always adaptable to your song. I think my method is much better and definitely faster.

This can be set within style picker. You tell it on double click to load the style into your song and play it. Default is for it to play the preset song.

Hope this helps!

RC

Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 20 Oct 2014 10:35 am    

That sounds like a good idea. I wish BIAB had a "style search",,,,like when you highlight a style,,,there is a little box that mentions a couple of songs that use a similar style,,,,if it could search for those it would at least help sometimes,,