The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  :  New Class/West Texas Steel Guitar School
Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2014 2:41 pm    

"NEW" well that is what Larry said. This is the schools 3rd year and I hope all will support it.
I went to learn some C6 and did pick up some things, but also learned a bunch of new stuff on the E9th. Larry is a super nice person and his lovely wife Susie is great, momma Toliver cooks a great coke-a-cola chocolate cake, too. Rex, I only had 2 small pieces all weekend! Larry stops and explains to those that didn't get a lick, what they are missing before going on. If you leave here without learning you didn't pay Attention. Oh and hopefully I made some new friend's, I know i saw some old friends.
Thank you Larry I hope these schools go on for a long time.

Last edited by Lee Barber on 30 Sep 2014 8:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Danny Letz

Old Glory,Texas, USA 79540
Post  Posted 29 Sep 2014 5:17 pm    

Nice to meet you at the WTSGA jam Sunday. Larry showed you how to play at the school and then I showed you how not to play at the jam. Complete weekend.

Will Johnston

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 30 Sep 2014 5:49 am     West Texas Steel School

Lee
Sorry I didn't get to go to the jam. But I had to get home and start working on Larrys book and cd...I'll be at it a long time. What a great time..steel guitar's good people and good food, who could ask for more. Thanks Larry and Suzie.

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 9:36 am     West Texas Steel Guitar School

Lee, I enjoyed meeting you and all the great guys at the school, and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on how good the school was. This was my second school with Larry and honestly don't think there would ever be a better way to try to learn steel than with the hands-on instruction he gives. Being new at the steel, I had reservations about dragging the class down in an intermediate-advance class, and hope I didn't too much, but I felt right at home with Larry and all you guys. I made some great new friends there and hope to meet-up again down the road. Larry is a fabulous teacher and player, and his wife and family are some of the best folks you'll ever meet. Oh, and Lee,, I'm not saying I don't believe you about the cake,,, but,,,, well,,,,,,,, Rex

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 9:38 am     West Texas Steel Guitar School

Lee, I enjoyed meeting you and all the great guys at the school, and just wanted to throw my 2 cents in on how good the school was. This was my second school with Larry and honestly don't think there would ever be a better way to try to learn steel than with the hands-on instruction he gives. Being new at the steel, I had reservations about dragging the class down in an intermediate-advance class, and hope I didn't too much, but I felt right at home with Larry and all you guys. I made some great new friends there and hope to meet-up again down the road. Larry is a fabulous teacher and player, and his wife and family are some of the best folks you'll ever meet. Oh, and Lee,, I'm not saying I don't believe you about the cake,,, but,,,, well,,,,,,,, Rex

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 9:38 am     West Texas Steel Guitar School

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 9:40 am     West Texas Steel Guitar School

Rex Mayfield

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 9:45 am     WTSG school

Wow, Sorry,,, didn't mean to post that 3 times. OOoops!

Billy Henderson

Portland, AR, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2014 5:28 pm     steel school

When is the next school?

Lee Barber

Sweeny, TX, USA
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2014 6:17 pm    

Contact Larry Toliver @
larry@westtexassteelguitarschool.com

Let him know you are interested and he can let you know or he may already have a class planned.
Lee

Larry Toliver

Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 5:39 pm    

Hello Billy,
I've been on a cruise for the past week, and if you saw any CNN news clips....yep, I was on the boat that had the quarantined Lab Tech who worked on the Ebola dude. We only got to get off on one port. I just got home today to answer your post. Anyway, I will probably have another school in February after the Phoenix show.
Call me anytime.
Larry T