The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gulfport Deep South Steel Show
Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 3:08 am    

Shorty,

Call in sick, you deserve a day off......would love to see you my friend.

Jack Goodson...you are my hero!

Shoulder surgery is way overdue. However, a much needed procedure.

Looking forward to cultivating more friendships. And, hearing/seeing more steel guitar aficionados.

Last edited by Charley Hill on 27 Sep 2014 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 8:00 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show

Very glad to see this nice activity. Our players lists grows about every day. The ISGHOF will be well represented with Joe Wright, Lynn Owsley, Billy Robinson and hopefully Pee Wee Whitewing-dependant on how his hospital stay goes. Our stage band will be second to none with Roy Rosetta, Corky Tittle, Gene Breeden, Bob Saxton, Jerry Jaye,Ronnie Miley, Malcolm Kirby, John Thomas, Wayne Smith, Ellis Olsen, Jack Goodson, Mac McDonald, County Jack Harper, Tommy Wilson and more to come. Rudy Osborne, steel player from the Dottie West Show will be here again also, along with Gordon Dodson-just back from the Nashville Steel Show. Plus all of our stand by players ie, Ivan Reddington, Margie Mays, and I have heard on the grape vine that Mitsuo Fujii will be with us. We will have more EXCEL players on this stage than any other. Dave Easley will be seen and heard both days with a very special program that only he can produce-on his EXCEL also. Bill Dewey, recording musician/vocalist, from Iowa will make his first appearance down south. This is so neat, I just open the doors and here they come. Out players list will be published in a week or two. Just waiting for the changes to ebb out, if any....Thanks for all this amazing support from all herein and those yet to be listed.......I will insert HOtel info very soon in another thread so it will be seen more likely.

Danny Harrell

Livingston, Louisiana, USA
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 12:42 pm    

Sounds like this is going to be a good one. Billy Carr, Bob Saxton, Rudy Osborne, and Ronnie Miley, all on the same show. Not to mention Mr. Smooth himself Bill Stafford. In addition, I understand my good friends Buck and Mitzi Grantham will also be there. My wife and I have already made room reservations to come. Cant wait to hear all the great players and see all my friends at Gulfport! I need to get Billy Carr to show me a few licks while I am there! We look forward to another great show.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 5:40 pm     steel show

Danny "Emmonsman" Harrell, my friend. Bring the best sounding Emmons in Louisiana with you. That's all you'll need. I'll have everything else. NV-400 w/15" Neo speaker, DD3 delay, Goodrich VP and my seat which is set up with a Peterson II mounted to it & the DD3 is also mounted on the seat. My Excel, I have the KL'ers set up a little different than most folks but you welcome to it also. It almost plays itself.

Royce Tarver

Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2014 8:24 am    

Billy Carr and Danny Harrell; now there's enough to go for by itself! Plan to be there myself with my ole raggedy axe in the trunk. Whether I play or not will depend on Bill having enough room or not. But with players like that it just don't matter.

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 1 Oct 2014 10:26 pm     show

Come on over Royce. If everything gets full, I'll give you one of my slots. Not a problem buddy! Another Louisiana, "Emmonsman" that's a great picker. Looks like Emmons is gaining a little ground on the Excels that'll be on the floor. We'll see! Be good to see you again, Royce. Take care buddy and we'll see you at the show.

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 6 Oct 2014 8:45 am    

Nothing else going wrong i'm gonna make this show it always has great pickers and loads of fun hope to see all of you

Dan Carr

Bucyrus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 8 Oct 2014 8:10 am    

Diana and I are going to make it this year!! Getting rooms and itinerary set up now. Have to go to Dee Craig's Louisville, KY Metro show on the 19th first, then leave our bags packed and head south on the 29! I have a dentist app. on the 28.. go figure!! It's been announced that Chubby Howard will get inducted into the ISGHOF next year. He just had his show in Fairborn, OH this past Sunday. She wants to visit the alligator country in La. before we come home.. maybe I can get her to wrestle one! Very Happy What time does your show start? How much are the tickets?

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2014 8:47 pm    

well, saw an old classic car comin' thru town tonite headin' north. that tells me that cruisin' the coast has just ended, from mobile, alabama to waveland, Mississippi.8,000 plus classic street rods & rides!
that also tells me it's just a coupl'a more weeks 'til the big steel guitar show in biloxie.
here I come....

country jack
tudy & lynn Owsley & billy robinson & joe & billy carr & buck & peewee & bill & jerry & hey, ol' danny's comin', Gordon d, and the Alabama boy's, well, I think everybody's comin'...., y'all come too!

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 11 Oct 2014 8:48 pm    

well, saw an old classic car comin' thru town tonite headin' north. that tells me that cruisin' the coast has just ended, from mobile, alabama to waveland, Mississippi.8,000 plus classic street rods & rides!
that also tells me it's just a coupl'a more weeks 'til the big steel guitar show in biloxie.
here I come....

country jack
tudy & lynn Owsley & billy robinson & joe & billy carr & buck & peewee & bill & jerry & hey, ol' danny's comin', Gordon d, and the Alabama boy's, well, I think everybody's comin'...., y'all come too!

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 4:04 am    

Sound system is loaded in the trailer.
Suburban is gassed up.

Now, do I bring my Carter or my Emmons? Decisions, decisions, decisions!

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 5:44 am     carter or emmons?

bill: i am going to bring my carter and emmons. we are looking forward to this show....jack

Charley Hill

The Dirty South
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 1:24 pm    

Both of you get impeccable tone on any guitar you play!

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 5:43 pm     Oct 31 Nov 1

Bill...I am so looking forward to this great weekend of playing and listening to all of this great music with fantastic players. Bill anything you need me to do...play behind vocalists, filling in for Mr. Rosetta, to give him a break.....or whatever.....My wife and I will be there for the whole weekend, thanks to you.
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Dr. Hugh Jeffreys

Southaven, MS, USA
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2014 5:34 pm    

We will be there and I hope that Barney and Mary will come also. I am going to call Ace(John Cannon). If he's not gigin, he might come.

Jack Harper

Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 14 Oct 2014 7:31 pm    

this is great....
the good dr hugh jefferys is comin', with a car load.
when someone asks', "is there a doctor in the house?"
the answer will finally be "yes!"
drive careful and, ...."come on down"

country....

Dan Carr

Bucyrus, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Oct 2014 8:07 am    

bump

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2014 1:32 pm     Gulfport Deep South Steel Show

Friday, Oct 31st Players Schedule
5:00pm Jerry Jaye, Malcolm Kirby, Bill Stafford &
Country Jack Harper-Opening Ceremony
5:30 Steve Sanford: 6Pm Barney Miller: 6:30 Ellis
Olsen show w/ Howard Coakley:7pm Dave Easley:
7:30 Jimmy Miller: 8pm Joe Wright: 8:45 Gordon Dodson
9:15 Appreciation Show for our lead guitarists w/ Bob
Saxton, Gene Breeden, Wayne Smith, John Thomas,
Billy Puckett,Jerry Jaye & Country Jack Harper.
NOte; Only ONE steel guitar player will be chosen by these guys to play this set. No one knows yet?????
10:00 Buck Grantham: 10:30 Arvis Moore: 11pm Jim Lindsey: 12:00 Hal Higgins will introduce BILL DEWEY in a special program. Bill is coming from Iowa. He will have a program on Saturday with his outstanding tribute to Johnny Cash. Just have to hear him to believe this talented artist.
We send get well wishes to Roy Rosetta and Rudy Osborne. Roy and Rudy have been two of our best supporters and will be dearly missed. I think you all know about Roy's medical problems. Rudy called me and said he is having serious spinal troubles and will be operated on soon. Prayers for our two dear friends and great musicians.

Jim Lindsey (Louisiana)

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana (deceased)
Post  Posted 21 Oct 2014 7:29 pm     Re: Gulfport Deep South Steel Show

Bill Stafford wrote:
Friday, Oct 31st Players Schedule ... 10:00 Buck Grantham: 10:30 Arvis Moore: 11pm Jim Lindsey: 12:00 Hal Higgins will introduce BILL DEWEY in a special program.

Hi, Bill,

I saw my name in the 11:PM slot for Friday's schedule. I'm very honored to see it listed, and as much as I'd love to play, I'll not be able to. I had a stroke this past February (the reason for getting around in a wheelchair) and am unable to play steel ... at least I'm not able to play yet.

I'm hoping to be able to get an SD-10 with 3 & 5 someday and set up the pedals and left knees toward the center of the guitar so I can start trying to regain some steel playing. In the meantime, I'll be there at the show, but only able to listen and enjoy the great steel playing and fellowship of the show. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Smile

Thanks sincerely,
Jim
ProCo RAT R2DU Dual Distortion - Korg DT-1 Pro Tuner (Rack Mounted) - Furman PL-8 Power Bay
Goodrich Match-Bro by Buddy Emmons - BJS Steel Bar (Dunlop Finger Picks / Golden Gate Thumb Picks)

Tommy Young

Ethelsville Alabama
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 1:48 pm    

Guys and Gals this is looking to be a real great show Hope to see a bunch of you there..

J PARKER

Meridian Miss
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 6:30 pm    

Looking forward to being there Bill that Saturday. Some great talent there indeed.

Doc Rickles

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
Post  Posted 23 Oct 2014 9:52 pm    

Will be there for the whole show. Start to finish.always the thrill of my year. Missed two but not this one. This is the best, friendliest, and most talented group of Steelers and musicians anywhere.

Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2014 12:43 pm    

Bill, one small correction if I may... the address should be 15206 Dedeaux Road. I noticed it was listed as 1506.

What is the price of admission? This will be my first visit to your show, and I'm looking forward to seeing some old friends and making some new ones. Sounds like a great line up.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2014 1:52 pm     Gulfport Steel Show

Thanks Lem. Admission is $10:00 per person per day. Shows start ay 5pm Friday and 11am on Saturday. Until after midnight each day. I will have the schedules posted in a day or so. Thanks for all this support.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 24 Oct 2014 2:18 pm    

Bill, good luck with your show. It looks like it will be a good one, wish Jean and I could be there. Larry