The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Selling ?
Len Ryder

Penticton B.C.
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 9:46 am    

As I'm in my 80's and not playing anymore I've been seriously thinking of selling all my equipment but have no idea as to what it's worth. Any ideas from the Forum would be greatly appreciated.
I have a 66 or 67 Sho-Bud Fingertip D 10, 9 on the floor and 3 knees, with the Day set-up on the E9th neck, (I use a G on the 1st string on the C 6th neck),
Nashville 400 amp with the mod installed
Goodrich volume control,
Boss DD3 Digital Delay
Elite Seat with a back rest.
Boss B-B-5 Bo-Bro
Boss OC-2 Octaver
Thanks in advance.

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 11:03 am    

Hello Len,
Sorry to hear you're not playing anymore. Just a suggestion, but if you have a digital camera or know who has one, have photos made of your steel and other gear and post them here. I would also change your subject line to read something like: Sho-Bud Steel and Gear--Selling Out It can make a real difference. Good luck with you sale...Carl

Mike Stelnicki

Chicago, Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 5:52 pm    

Len,

So sorry you've decided to hang it up, Len. I have a similar vintage Sho-Bud Fingertip and please, allow me to vouch for their sound.

NOTHING equals the euphonic sweetness these guitars can produce - although late 60's ZBs come close. I play mine through a Fender Twin and really, no pedal steel made past maybe 1978 I've heard can replicate the melancholic sweetness of these Fingertips.

There are any number of very competent Sho-Bud surgeons that can supply replacement parts and expertise in servicing these guitars.

If you've heard what these Fingertips can sound like and understand what I am talking about, this is a rare opportunity to get your hands on one of these.

Make Len an offer! These guitars are disappearing from the world (someone will inherit mine).

Casey McKinnon

Toronto, Ontario
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 6:34 pm    

Hi Len,

Having just purchased a few of these items myself, I can tell you approx what I paid, along with some browsing on Forum and Craigslist prices locally here:

Nashville 400 Amp: $300 USD
Goodrich Volume Control: $150 CAD
Boss DD-3: $130 CAD
Boss OC-2: $160 CAD
Elite Seat: $135 USD
Boss Bo-Bro $125 USD

That just leaves the Fingertip to price.... recent ones on the forum were listed around $1300, but I don't know the market on fingertips, so that would be a guess.