The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  R.i. Country Music Assoc. Hall Of Fame Show
manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 5:53 am    

On Monday,Columbus Day, Oct 13, 2014 the RI Country Music Hall of Fame will have its Annual Induction Ceremony/Show at Post 15 American Legion in E. Greenwich, RI 1-5pm. It is not a steel guitar show however; Rhode Island has a significant number of steel pickers who are in the R.I.H.O.F. Wouldn`t it be nice if they all showed up to play in the show. The H.O.F. Show is open to the public.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 4:26 pm    

Manny you know you can count on Anna and I to be there. See you on Octber 13TH at the American Legion Post 15 in East Greenwich R.I.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2014 4:17 pm    

Manny what how much is it to get in to hear all these greats.Like you said i hope alot of the Steel players show up it would make a great time.You need to get some one to Announce it at the Post on Sundays so They can draw a good crowd.
Sam White
Dynalap lap 8 String Lap Steel Fender frontman 25B speaker changed Boss TU-12H Tuner.Founder and supporter of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association Founder of the New England Steel Guitar Association and the Greeneville TN Steel Jams and now founder of the North Carolina Steel Guitar Jams. Honorary member of the Rhode Island Steel Guitar Association,Member of The New England Steel Guitar Association.
Member of the Florida Steel Guitar Club,and member of Mid Atlantic Steel Guitar Association

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 5:37 am     I`m Sure That Someone Will Announce It

The R.I.C.M.A. Newsletter has a small announcement about the show on the left hand side of page 1. Why don`t you announce it. You would be fulfilling your role as an "Old Bassador".

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 4:24 pm    

OK The Old Bassador will do that this Sunday. Bassador Sam White That's fine manny you don't have to Bow down to me I just plain Me.While I think of it you mentioned about post 15 for a Risga Steel Jam and a band so people can come in and pay $7.00 to come in and enjoy the Music and dance.Maybe even get to have the RISGA Steel Shows there. Let me Know as as of December Roger (7) is not having no more RICH Country Sunday as they have no more members and he is getting tied of taking money out of his pocket to run it. They have no members they all Quit.Let me Know as a week from Monday we have a American Legion meeting and I can bring it up and hopefully I can help you guys get in the door for both Idea's.Let me know I will be there Sunday as Jimbo Wilson is the band for Roger (7) Birthday Party.which is RICH Country Sunday.Also Walter hall will be giving up his Sundaydats as soon as he can get some one to take it over.The only problem is going to be Butch with the CMA as he wants every Sunday if he can get them but the American legion will not let that happen.THey all make enought money to pay the bands and $100.00 for the hall and the rest goes to the organization that is running that Sunday. I know Walter Hall, CMA of R.I.And NESGA have moey left to put into the orgaizations.RICH is the only one that does not draw the people as they are tied of what went on with RICH.Let me kon what you want to do. Come to the Post Sunday as Jimbo Wilson will be.
Sam White there.

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 26 Sep 2014 7:16 pm    

Jeeze Sam I thought I was stoned after reading that post Shocked !!
It's like reading a James Joyce novel....lol

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2014 4:03 am    

Hey Tony just trying to help Manny out with what he would like to do.I'm a Member of Post 15 like I was When we first started the RISGA I was a member of Post 12.I feel all the help I can give some one especially a Friend I will help them as much as I can.I know what it is when you need people to help you when you are in a bind.
Sam White

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2014 4:13 am    

Ok, so Manny, are past HOF members invited to sit in on steel?
Maybe I'll come down.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2014 4:32 am    

Tony Manny said if all the Hall Of Famers brought their Steels and played it would be a great time. Bring yours Tony I like the way you play and it will be a lot of fun for you. I'm Not a Hall of famer so i can not bring mine.I rather sit and listen to all you Steel players that know what you are doing.Maybe I can steal a few licks.
Sam White

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 27 Sep 2014 6:25 am     Tony I Like What I`m Hearing

Hi Tony, I`m still laughing about your post critique. The H.O.F welcomes you with open arms. Watching you play will be like "waking a sleeping giant". Hi Sam, It will be $7.00 admission fee for the show. Concerning the American Legion situation, I already got the green light for any Saturday afternoon to do a circle jam as I did in 2001 at the Weymouth Beanpost. The Beanpost wants me to do it there also. There`s one problem. I am burning too many candles at both ends, and I end up doing nothing.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 28 Sep 2014 4:51 pm    

Manny Just burn the Candle one end at a time and slow it down a little bit.There is lots of time and it will be a fun time for all including You.Hows that light house coming along??Can you play the Song The light House??
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 5:37 pm    

Well Manny what are you going to do I do Be leave all Steel players will enjoy coming to play and it will be a problem getting the people to come and listen as they will be there Friday night to hear Tonto and his band as he pacts the place and them Sunday there is always a band playing for one of the four Organizations that have the post booked for the year.They just booked the hall again for the year 2015 today.If people would not mine driving down to the Elks in Wakefeild R.I Bill MC Graft runs that hall and my brother can talk to him.Either that you might be able to get the Elks Hall on West Shore Road in Warwick. RICH use to have that hall and it easy loading and unloading as it is ground level in the back of the building.We use to go there and they have a kitchen and the food was real good.This might be another one of my Novels or help which every you want to call it..
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 5 Oct 2014 5:38 pm    

Bump

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 12 Oct 2014 3:50 pm    

Pat and Vinny Doyal and Anna And I will be there along with all the people from the CMA of R.I., R.I. Country Horizon, Walter Halls Country Sundays and M\members and Steel Players from The NESGA.See you all There.
Sam White

Last edited by Sam White on 13 Oct 2014 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 13 Oct 2014 4:36 am     I Wonder Who Is Going In The R.i.c.m.a.h.o.f.

It is great that representatives from all the music organizations here in Rhode Island will be showing up today.

Tony Palmer

St Augustine,FL
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2014 12:34 pm    

Sorry I missed the show. I heard Howie Shultz was inducted...that's great!
I wonder what the rest of the country thinks of these posts about all our local country music notices, events, gigs, etc. from little ole Rhode Island!!?? Razz
I bet they didn't think there were so many country music/steel guitar lovers here in the biggest little state!

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 15 Oct 2014 5:02 pm    

You are Right Tony the biggest little State shows them all.Yes I was glad to see dayle Simmons Brother get in the hall of fame. I do not think it was right for Butch from the CMA of R.I. Secertary get in and Dottie Zack's cousin from the Mishnock barn get in either. Thats just my opinion I might be wrong. There are people that have been around for years and they are not in yet.Anna and I are going to be moving back to North Carolina it is to expensive to live hear. I have payed $1200.00 dollars for 275 gallons of oil and that will only last until around the end of January.$400. lot rent a month. This is crazy.
Sam white

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2014 5:02 am     We Missed you Tony

oops

Last edited by manny escobar on 16 Oct 2014 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total

manny escobar

portsmouth,r.i. usa
Post  Posted 16 Oct 2014 5:04 am     We Missed you Tony

The attendance at the H.O.F. Show was huge. Extra tables were brought out and set up. I was truly honored to be a part of somthing that the great Zack family initiated. Sam, Rhode Island was supposed to be the last of your one hundred thousand moves. The "Old Bassador" speaks with a forked tongue.

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2014 11:11 am    

You have to do what you have to do. It is cost to much to live in this State.Only in the North East.I'm playing with the NESGA Steel Guitar Asso. tomorrow at the American Legion post 15 in East Greenwick R.I. with the Al Carter band and the NESGA Steel Guitar players. There should be about 4 to 5 of us.
Sam White

Sam White

Coventry, RI 02816
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2014 11:11 am    

You have to do what you have to do. It is cost to much to live in this State.Only in the North East.I'm playing with the NESGA Steel Guitar Asso. tomorrow at the American Legion post 15 in East Greenwick R.I. with the Al Carter band and the NESGA Steel Guitar players. There should be about 4 to 5 of us.
Sam White