The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  How to Install a Style
Sonny Jenkins

Texas Masonic Retirement Center,,,Arlington Tx
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 1:47 pm    

I had a couple of "styles" on an older computer, including the Ray Price styles. I sent them as an email attachment to a different computer, downloaded the attachment and they now reside as a shortcut icon on my desktop. How do I install them into something useable in BIAB??

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 2:04 pm    

Right click on the style on your desktop, click on "cut" in the drop-down box then open Windows Explorer, right click on the "BB" directory, click on "paste" in the drop down box.

This will put the files in your main BB directory but you will have to open BIAB, then open the styles window and re-build the styles list.

The Ray Price styles will be found under "other styles found" in the styles window.

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 6:56 pm    

Re-build styles?????

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 13 Sep 2014 10:42 pm    

Graham means style picker. That's where the rebuild function is.

If you follow his instructions and do "copy" instead of "cut" you'll have the styles saved in two places..... Just in case your "bb" directory got corrupted for some reason. I actually keep my homemade styles on a thumb drive for safe keeping.

RC

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 7:48 am    

Guess I'm doing something wrong. I right click and "copy" on the desk top icon. Go to my BB folder (or directory,,it's where all the numbered styles are),,,where do I paste it??? Do I click on "new folder"???

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 8:10 am    

Sonny ;
You just left click on the directory "BB" on your C: drive to highlight the dir. name, then you can go up to the word "edit" at the top left of the page, click on that, then click on "paste".

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 12:20 pm    

Well, I don't see an "edit" option. I'm using win7 hm premium.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 5:27 pm    

Invoke the power of the right click!

The icon on your desktop is probably a shortcut to the location of the files. You'll need to go there first then select the files. Right click - copy - then navigate to the bb folder and right click and paste. Don't worry about the sub folders, or creating a new folder, just paste them in the bb directory and then do the rebuild and you should be ready to go.

RC

Sonny Jenkins

Post  Posted 15 Sep 2014 7:29 am    

OK,,,here's what's happening. When I go to "my computer", click on "C" drive, open "BB",,,I get a list of about 5,000 items,,,i.e. soloist demos (20), styles 00-77, tutorials (8-10), the rest are all MGU, STY, SGU. Included in that list is the Ray Price file I want,,,,listed as c_price8.sty-shortcut. When I open BIAB and click on styles, that style is NOT found. I have re-built several times.

I put it into the BB folder by right clicking the desk top icon shortcut, copy, and paste into BB, and it seems to reside there. All other items in the BB folder have a little "blank" folder icon preceding them,,,,the c_price has the little folder preceding, but has a little blue arrow pointing diagonally from lower left to upper right,,,it is the only item in the whole list of 5,000 items that has that.

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 15 Sep 2014 11:26 am    

You're not pasting the file, your pasting the shortcut from your desktop. Forget that. Locate the actual style files. The shortcut on your desktop should take you to them if you double click it. They probably reside in a download folder on your computer since you got them from an email.