The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  My New Easy Rider
Gary Roda

Stockton, California USA
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 11:34 am    

My family surprised me on my birthday this year with a beautiful new Steeler's Choice Easy Rider Pak-A-Seat. I don't know how my wife figured out not only that I wanted one, but which exact model I would have chosen, but she sure did!I love the "tooled leather" Tolex, and the workmanship is superb throughout. The Rollans family builds the best products, and Dan provided excellent customer service- here's yet another satisfied customer! Very Happy

Terry Winter

Saskatchewan, Canada
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 12:18 pm    

Last year at St. Louis, my wife and I looked over the Steeler's Choice seats and lo and behold for my birthday she had ordered me a seat very much like the one above but with a red seat cover and power bar. Just love mine, and my wife!!

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 1 Sep 2014 12:33 pm    

Congrats Gary. Again, Happy Birthday. That is a wonderful wife. And congrats on the Carter. Welcome to that Carter Club. Very Happy

Jack Hargraves

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 6 Sep 2014 1:07 pm     Seat

Nice seat Gary. I have one just like it that my wife bought me also. Sounds like you have a great wife like mine.

Chuck McGill

An hour from Memphis and 2 from Nashville, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2014 5:18 am    

Nice seat Gary. Don't mean to switch horses but how do you like the Quilter?

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 10 Sep 2014 10:11 am    

I really thought you were going to be talking about this "Easy Rider".

Gary Roda

Stockton, California USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 1:33 pm    

Chuck,

Yes I do! I really think the Steelaire is a fantastic sounding amp, with almost everything done right (I would have preferred a delay over the vibrato for steel use, and the direct out has no ground-lift switch). It seems to behave in a very "tube like" manner, probably helped by the well-designed limiter. Little things, like the detented controls that stay where you put them and an excellent cover are real nice to have if you are carrying it around a lot (the light weight is great as well!). Loud enough to hurt you.

This is a very well-made package, and I recommend it highly.

Edward Rhea

Medford Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 12 Sep 2014 8:07 pm    

Gary, that's a great seat and a sharp looking Carter! My wife encouraged me to pick out the seat I wanted for a father's day gift, last year. I got a SC w/black tooled leather, red cushion and sidecar, and I've really enjoyed it! You're gonna love it!(as I'm sure you already do)