The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Gene Watson in Ohio
Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2014 4:17 am    

Hi all, be sure to mark your calendars for September 20.Gene Watson will be at the Ohio Valley Opry for 2 shows. Gene is one of the best country singers of all time and his band with Mr. Naccarato on steel is top notch. For more info check out WWW.ohiovalleyopry.com or check them out on Facebook. Hope to see ya there. Rick

Danny Naccarato

Burleson, Texas
Post  Posted 27 Jul 2014 9:40 am    

Thanks Rick. Looking forward to seeing you. Be sure to say hi. We are also in OH next month, Red Barn Convention Ctr in Winchester, Aug 16th

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2014 7:12 am    

Glad you guys are working steady and good for Ohio ! We can use the good country music. Looking forward to meeting and hearing you at the Opry. Rick

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 2:18 pm     Re: Gene Watson in Ohio

Rick Troyer wrote:
Hi all, be sure to mark your calendars for September 20.Gene Watson will be at the Ohio Valley Opry for 2 shows. Gene is one of the best country singers of all time and his band with Mr. Naccarato on steel is top notch. For more info check out WWW.ohiovalleyopry.com or check them out on Facebook. Hope to see ya there. Rick

Rick, Sounds like a great show! Thanks for the heads-up. I will try my best to attend. BTW, Jamie Johnson is at the Mountaineer this month!

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 17 Aug 2014 12:49 pm    

Awesome ! Cowboy on steel. What a treat ! Hope I can catch the show.
Don't forget next month...Gene Watson at the Ohio Valley Opry. Tickets are selling fast. 2 shows 4 and 8.

Hope to see everyone there.... Rick

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 18 Aug 2014 1:27 pm     Gene Watson

Rick,
Just got our tickets. See you there! Jamie and band were superb and Cowboy Eddie Long did an awesome job.

Gary

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 19 Aug 2014 2:57 pm    

I knew they would both be awesome ! Glad you're going to make the Gene Watson show. It should be another great one.
RT

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 23 Aug 2014 2:32 pm     Gene Watson Show

Rick,

I know that this will be great show! To the top please.

Gary Lloyd

West Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 2 Sep 2014 4:30 pm     gene watson

HI RICK
I JUST SAW GENE AT CATTLETTSBURG KY.
(WHAT A SHOW)
IF YOU LOVE STEEL GUITAR AND TELECASTER PICKIN YOU WILL SEE SOME OF THE BEST. DANNY WAS GREAT.
THE SAX PLAYER WAS GREAT TOO. THE WHOLE BAND WAS GREAT. (A MUST SEE SHOW)

GaryL

Medina, OH USA
Post  Posted 14 Sep 2014 2:09 pm     Gene Watson in Ohio

TTT, please.

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 16 Sep 2014 4:53 am    

Not much longer til you will have the opportunity to hear some great classic country music.
Just a few tickets left for this weekend's shows.
See earlier post for more info.
Rick

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 5:50 am    

What a great show ! Gene sings as good as ever and his band was absolutely wonderful to work with. Not only were they top notch musicians but great guys as well.Dan did a great job on the steel and the sax. His twin work with the lead gtr player was right on. Thanks to so many of my friends for showing up and saying hi. It sure makes the good times even better.
Just a heads up, Dec 6th another great steel player will be at the Ohio Valley Opry. Mr Gary Carter will be there with the "Rolls Royce" of country music Miss Connie Smith. More info available at ohiovalleyopry.com.

Walter Jones

Athens, Ohio USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 6:43 am    

Rick, I sure will agree. Gene and the guys put on a great show and what a voice. If any of you in the area missed his shows I would expect to see him back again so get your tickets early. He signed autographs for an hour, took picures and then had to get ready for the second show. The line was so long I didn't get a chance to get his new CD, we went to the first show, but it is availabe on line . It would have been nice to get to say Howdy and a signed CD but I understand the business and having to keep on schedule. I guess the trick is to leave the show early and get in line but then I would have missed Farewell Party, and that is worth the price of the show. The Old Man and His Horn was a real treat with the Sax.

Looking forward the the Connie Smith show in December, we will be on a bus trip for that one, step off the bus right at the front door.

Rick, I could hear you but not see you Very Happy , like the other stage setup better. We were sitting on the left side of the theatre, hope that is not a permanate setup.

Rick Troyer

Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 22 Sep 2014 2:06 pm    

Hi Walter. Glad you liked the show. Sorry you didn't get a CD or an autograph. I'm sure most of the people wanted an autograph etc. Did make for a long line.
The stage set up was to accommodate the 2 bands. Gene's band set up and we tried to set up around there gear. I may be on stage right but out where you can see me. No throwing tomatoes !
Take care and look forward to having you at the Connie Smith show in December.

Terry Niendorf

Boise, Idaho
Post  Posted 25 Sep 2014 8:51 pm    

Rick we were able to see your show this summer in Jackpot Nevada, and I wasn't expecting the show to be as good as it was. Gene and you all were amazing. These good country music shows are getting harder to find. I enjoyed talking to you guys while waiting in line to get the CD. Best of luck and hope to catch you again when you venture out West.