The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  need info on PayPal
Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2014 6:24 pm    

I didn't know where else to go with this. I know that a lot of you buy and sell stuff using PayPal.
Recently I had a large balance on my PayPal account so I decided to send some to a friend. All PayPal asked for was the friend's e-mail and the amount I wanted to send. And to click on "Send Money" I didn't do it because I don't know how my friend would get the money by just his e-mail address. Can someone explain how it works and how the friend receives the money? Thanks for your help.
Wally Pfeifer Confused Confused

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 28 Jul 2014 8:30 pm    

Your friend would need to have a PayPal account to receive the money through PayPal. When you "Send" money to someone it is transferred from your PayPal account to their PayPal account. The email address is just the way PayPal identifies and verifies it's members. If the person you are "Sending" money to does not have a PP account, PP will send them an email telling them how to set up an account so they can receive the money. The person can then withdraw the money from their account via a transfer to their bank or PP will mail them a check.

William Hoff

Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 2:52 am    

For a fee

Rick Barnhart

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 5:07 am    

If you select send money as a gift, there is no fee.

Brad Bechtel

San Francisco, CA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 6:28 am    

Lots of information is available on PayPal's website.

Moved to Computers from Steel Without Pedals.

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 7:49 am    

Confused Whoa! Mad Razz
My wife spent an hour or more on the phone yesterday trying to get money out of the account.
Jolene at PayPal was absolutely no help at all.
Wally

Niels Andrews

Salinas, California, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 7:55 am    

I have been using Pay Pal for many years and it is very simple and works quite well unless you are trying something that is not above board. If you are a verified user, it is even simpler. Like someone mentioned there is a lot of information on their website.

Kekoa Blanchet

Kaua'i
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 8:19 am    

PayPal works well unless their mindless computer system THINKS you are trying something that is not above board. And while being a "verified user" sounds desirable, what that means is that you must provide PayPal with access to your bank account! When a problem does occur (or when their computer thinks a problem has occurred), they will remove money from your bank account to satisfy their version of the story. Trying to resolve the problem will have you trying to deal with their opaque and unhelpful customer service, as Wally related above. Google "PayPal horror stories" before you give them the keys to your bank account!

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 8:30 am    

Quote:
My wife spent an hour or more on the phone yesterday trying to get money out of the account.

I don't understand what the problem is. Go to the PayPal site and read about the ways to withdraw from your account. As long as your account is SET UP PROPERLY you should have no problems. Maybe a family member can help you set it up?
I've had thousands of PayPal transactions in the past 12 years... no problems. And I've never had a problem transferring money to my checking account. You need Set Up your account properly, and link your account to your bank if you want to transfer money from your PP account to your bank. There is no fee to transfer money to your bank account.

Wally Pfeifer

Illinois, USA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2014 11:19 am     PayPal

Smile
Got my money from PayPal and didn't have to give them my bank keys.
Where there's a will,- there's a way.
Very Happy

Doug Beaumier

Northampton, MA
Post  Posted 1 Aug 2014 11:20 am    

Great news, Wally!

Daryl Thisdelle

New Brunswick, Canada
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2014 4:03 pm     Paypal

When I first started off using pay pal they give me a limit. After you pass that limit and you are sending and buying and using higher amounts of money they need a back up of funds. Would you not want to work the same way. I have bought sold thousands of dollars worth on pay pal and I mean thousands of dollars. Never once have I ever have been mistreated and have been looked after by them when some company took funds from my account with out my say so. If you are dealing with an up front company and people there should be no reason for them to go into your account and take money, if they do it might be a shady deal to them so they make sure they have their cash which was due to them from the beginning.
Williams 700 Keyless SD 12 String Universal Lacguer Body Wood Neck Alumitone Pick Up GD Walker Stereo Steel Amp Preamp Combo With 2x15 inch JBL Speakers In Tuned Cabinets, Hilton Digital Sustain Pedal, Telonics Volume Pedal. Steel Seat With Back Rest And Swivel And Adjustable Legs. George L Cables. BJS Bar. Nookies Thumb Pick National Finger Picks. Jagwires Petterson Strobo Plus HD Tuner

Douglas Schuch

Valencia, Philippines
Post  Posted 25 Oct 2014 6:39 pm    

For the record, you can send someone money with Paypal and they do not need an account to get it - Paypal will send them a check. It can take several weeks, though.