The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Association - Aug 3
Ben Price

San Antonio, TX - USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2014 5:46 am    

The San Antonio Steel Guitar Association will have its next jam session on Aug 3, 2014 at the William Randolph American Legion Post #593 at 326 W. Legion Dr from 2 PM until 5 PM. Musicians are asked to be there in time to be setup and tuned up for the 2 o'clock start. The mission of the San Antonio Steel Guitar Association is to provide an opportunity for current and future players to meet, play, listen, and exchange ideas. Everyone is welcome. Admission is free and the Legion's canteen will be open serving your favorite beverage along with burgers and snacks.

We also have raffle tickets on a guitar autographed by Merle Haggard and other artists. Tickets are $10 each and only 400 tickets will be sold. Presentation of the guitar to the lucky winner will be at our next jam on Sep 7.

Contact Ben Price for more information...(210) 255-1816, or e-mail to james_ben_price@hotmail.com

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 24 Jul 2014 7:10 pm    

Ben I just cant wait to get back in the saddle with everyone. July was just a kick butt month with the jam and the fund raiser. I feel August will be smoking, not only with the tunes, but also the heat. Hope to see everyone their. Also, the donated guitar should be back in the area with Ray Benson Asleep At The Wheels signature by our August jam.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jul 2014 9:03 pm    

Kenny, Rose took the guitar and got it signed... she's in the same part of town (Bubba-land). I'll be picking up the guitar and bringing it to the SA meeting August 3rd... and since I'll be bringing my truck instead of the bike I'll bring the bigger guitar (and amp!). Haven't decided which ones yet, the T8 Stringmaster and the brown Princeton need some air. Looking forward to seeing all my SA friends in Converse!

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jul 2014 6:34 pm     steelin'

Looking forward to having fun with everyone this Sunday. Heck with the TV exposure, we will probably have to set chairs up out in the parking lot:lol ! Hope to get a few more ticket sales on the guitar now that Ray Benson has signed it! Steve, I will be interested in seeing your brown Princeton if you have it. I have its cousin, a '65 blackface Princeton reverb that has one of the best sounds of any amp I ever heard. Just a tad small for any steel work other than practicing! Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 31 Jul 2014 9:46 pm    

The guitar's looking pretty good... Ray has a tasteful signature. I'll have it for y'all Sunday.

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2014 1:54 pm    

Stephen, the signature is great! Looks like we have room for one more signature (George Strait hopefully). Excited about tomorrow. We will have a wonderful afternoon. I am counting on seeing everyone there.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 2 Aug 2014 4:05 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

I'll be missing this one. Previous commitment and all....see you in September....jr

Stephen Cowell

Round Rock, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 3 Aug 2014 4:20 pm    

Well, Joe... you were missed... but not much! Seriously, the guys did a great job... and nice to meet our itinerant guest, John Elliot(?)... lucky to catch you on the way through. See y'all in September!

Kenny Piper

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 5 Aug 2014 7:59 pm    

Stephen, thank you for yours and Rose's work on the Ray Benson signature on the guitar. It has really taken a team effort to make this all happen. I am looking forward to Austin Steel Session. Also, looking forward to the September San Antonio jam. If it is anything like the August jam, boy, look out! No telling who might surprise us like Mr. Elliott, maybe George.