The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  BIG Tuning Wrench--(Black/Red/Blue/Silver)
Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2014 6:46 am    

TTT

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 28 Mar 2014 8:39 am    

My new big red tuning wrench is on it's way!! I'm really looking forward to using it. I'm one of those old-school holdouts...I was still using an Xcelite 5/16th mini wrench!! That puppy served me for over 40 years!! Now it gets to retire, too.

My wife said I better keep that old wrench as a reminder of how stubborn, and resistant to change, I am!! Now, why would she say a thing like that?? Shocked Confused Winking Smile

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2014 7:54 am     BIG RED Tuning Wrench--#1

Thanks Mike....I did get a few wrenches in and you're are the first to get a new Colored (Red) BIG Tuning Wrench! Smile In fact, you were the VERY first steeler to respond to my 1 Feb 2014 add regarding the possible return of the BIG Tuning wrench in color! Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you when you get your wrench...Thanks again, Carl

Last edited by Carl Williams on 31 Mar 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Mike Wheeler

Delaware, Ohio, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2014 9:26 am    

IT'S HERE! It just arrived in the mail. I ripped the package open and went straight to my steel to try it out. WOW! I had previously installed a bunch of new nylon tuners and they were real tight and hard to adjust. Not with the Big Red Tuner! Easy peasy. Ha, ha, ha.

The color is perfect, the fit and finish is very impressive, and the extra torque it provides is just right for my tight tuners, and it helps me tune more accurately...that's the best part. I love it!

Hope you guys get one for yourselves. You will absolutely NOT regret it. It's surprising that such a small part of our pedal steel gear...a tuning wrench...could improve the tuning experience so much, but it does.

Thanks again, Carl. THIS THING ROCKS!!!!!!

Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 31 Mar 2014 2:31 pm    

I share Mike's sentiments, just got mine today. Perfect condition, couldn't ask for anything more.

Thank you again, Carl, much appreciated.

David Scheidler

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2014 6:59 pm    

Carl - are the silver ones ready?

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2014 3:55 am     Wrenches Received

Mike & Dickie,
You guys just made my day for sure! Your comments are very much appreciated. It's basically a little bit better "mousetrap" but now with color! Winking Thanks again...Carl
p.s. As a reminder, I don't have my full batch of wrenches ready to go yet but should have them in about two weeks.

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2014 3:59 am     Silver Wrench

David,
Thanks for the inquiry...I don't have any silver wrenches at this time and should have them in about two weeks. I'll add you to the Silver wrench list and contact you when they're ready to go. Carl
p.s. Please do me a favor and email me at: carlwilliams2@att.net just a note to tell me you want a Silver wrench and what brand of steel you'll be using it on. Thanks for your time...

David Scheidler

Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2014 10:06 am    

I'm already on the silver list. Just checking. Thanks!

Robert Rumbley

Apollo Beach Florida, USA
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2014 11:07 am     BIG Tuning Wrench

Hi Carl...I'd one in Red if I can get it in 5mm as my Stage One takes only that size.
Thanks

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 1 Apr 2014 11:17 am     Wrench Size

Hi Robert,
I've sent you a Private Message. Thanks for the inquiry. Carl

Steve Geis

Fayetteville, GA USA
Post  Posted 20 May 2014 1:48 pm    

Carl, got my new wrench yesterday and man, this thing is awesome. Feel like I got a new HAND ! And the value is by far one of the best investments ever. If you charged $20 and it lasts for 10 years, that only $2 per year!! I can't get a loaf of bread, or a gallon of milk or a gallon of gas for that! Thanks so much. Can't wait to see your next new toy for us gadget crazy pedal steelers. Best to you, pal.

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 20 May 2014 5:55 pm     Customer Feedback :)

Hi Steve,
Shoot that thang! Smile As you've found out, the word on this wrench is simply, "No Brag---Just Fact!" Seriously, appreciate you taking the time to post your praise for the wrench. Regarding cost, most of us spend thousands on a new steel, amp, FX, etc, etc., trying to get that "sound" and the wrench is a tool we normally use on a daily basis...why not get one that fits your hand better and has a lot more leverage? I've only had one fellow scoff at the price of the wrench...hey I understand and no hard feelings here. Back in 2007, when I first introduced the wrench here on the Forum, one citizen made a comment on my wrench ad that you could go down to the local hardware store and get a wrench that would work just as good! duh...Needless to say, I sent the gentleman a Private Message. Anyhoo, thanks again for the business and hope your wrench gives you years of service...Take Care, Carl

Butch Pytko

Orlando, Florida, USA
Post  Posted 22 May 2014 9:35 am    

Carl,

Got your wrench in the mail and it works great!

That extra large knob allows you to turn those tight nylon tuners very easily!

I also like the extra shaft length, so you don't mark-up the end plate!

Good job!

Carl Williams

Oklahoma
Post  Posted 23 May 2014 6:12 am     Satisfied Customer Feedback...:)))

Thanks Butch...glad the wrench is doing what it's supposed to do which is simply making the pedal/knee lever tuning a little easier. Take Care, Carl