The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  The New Rittenberry Prestige (Pics)
Wayne Dahl

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2014 9:16 am    

Billy...3-in-one multi purpose oil is what I use and what Gary recommends.
I use a fiber type case that Danny Bentley makes in Nashville. The D-10 case only weighs 13 lbs. They work great for any situation, even flying!
All the instruments out on the road are handled by the crew guys. All my stuff goes into a large trunk on wheels where it's well protected.

Sez Adamson

South Africa
Post  Posted 26 Apr 2014 12:42 am    

Hello Wayne.
I would be most grateful if you could enlighten me on a few points.
This is a great looking guitar. I was fortunate to have sat behind a Ritt when I was visiting in Louisiana last year.
My questions:
1. I notice that there appears to be a square section fixed crossbar under each neck, close to the body, at 90 degrees to the direction of the strings. The one under the C6th neck appears to have one spring attached to it. What is their function? Lower return springs?
2. Also there is a second square section crossbar on the E9th neck clearly visible over the pull rods. What is it’s functionality?
3. What system of ‘feel stop’ is used? I am interested in this as on my C6th neck (Emmons Legrand), I currently move strings 4 & 8 from A to Bb on my RKL. I would like to be able to combine the standard Pedal 4 change by using the RKL to move through a half stop to take strings 4 & 8 on up to B. I have done some experimentation and find that tuning wise, it will work effectively. But it needs a really firm half stop to function effectively.
4. Is there a Pedal 10 position? When playing C6th, I use my right foot on the pedals, and it is important that the end two pedals are reasonably “in alignment” with the Right knee levers. My observation is that the RKR knee lever is not right at the end of the instrument. In other words it appears to be in from the endplate by about 2 inches. This suggests to me that alignment with Pedal 9 would not be too much of an issue, as I currently manage with 9 Pedals and an RKR that is positioned about an inch closer to the endplate.

My apologies for asking so many questions. Any information or insight that you, or any other forum members can provide will be most welcome. I have a 'new steel guitar' savings account that is slowly growing.
Many thanks.
Sez

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 11:36 am    

sez...to answer your #3 the full raise plus the half stop on these strings is very handy. i've had it forever.
i don't know the mechanics of the ritt, but half stop systems can be added quite simply by adding another rod to the bellcrank and setting up a stop created from an adjustable high tension spring that can be overpowered and continue to a solid stop.
i've made them for my push pulls and for an all pull zum.

Wayne Dahl

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 2:21 pm    

Sez, 1)Raise helper springs to help make the action easier on a pedal or knee lever.
2)Lowering compensator bar: secures the rod that goes to the changer for hysteresis (strings that come back sharp when releasing off a lowered)
3)Knee lever "bracket type" screwed to body.
4)Don't know if Gary would build a 10 pedal guitar Shocked The RKR has a stop bracket close to the end plate so that's why the RKR is where it's located. Hope this helps. Wayne

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 3:33 pm    

Wayne, have you and Gary worked on achieving a pedal feel (stop) similar to the PP? In other words a solid click when the pedal bottoms out? That's something I'd be interested in a new guitar. I tried to check out the Ritt's in Dallas but there was people around them all weekend.

Wayne Dahl

Nashville, TN
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 10:17 pm    

John...Yes. All the pedal and knee stops are totally solid.

John Lacey

Black Diamond, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 10:20 pm    

Right on! Thanks for the quick reply.

Sez Adamson

South Africa
Post  Posted 27 Apr 2014 11:42 pm    

Thank you, both Chris and Wayne.
Your responses are much appreciated.
With the RKR kneel lever located a couple of inches in from the end plate, I think I would have no problem with alignment between the Right kneel levers and Pedal 9. I have more questions regarding 'Half Stops' in general, but don't want to hijack this thread, so I will start a new one.
Many thanks.
Sez

Erik Kristiansen

Stockholm, Sweden
Post  Posted 14 May 2014 12:02 pm    

Love it!

Peewee Charles

Waterloo,Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 24 May 2014 6:38 am     Beautiful guitar Wayne...

That is one beautiful, well built guitar....Spent a lot of time with Jimmy Crawford and Elsie and the family....sure he would be proud....in the market for a guitar ASAP,.....just got off the phone with Gary..and looking forward to talking with Wayne.....First time I talked with Gary....felt like I've known him for years....so knowledgable ...he is an amazing guy....I toured and recorded with Gord Lightfoot for 16 years...and I can tell you I have a smile from ear to ear......just ordered a new Prestige and so excited about this guitar...this has everything I'm looking for and more........ Www.myspace.com/peeweecharles www.thewesternswingauthority.com

Dale Rottacker

Walla Walla Washington, USA
Post  Posted 18 Nov 2019 9:01 am    

This is a GREAT Guitar... I play it ALMOST Every Day... Glad Wayne let me buy it from him.
*1977 Blue Sho-Bud Pro 3 Custom 8x6
https://msapedalsteels.com
http://rittenberrysteelguitars.com
https://www.telonics.com/index.php
https://www.p2pamps.com
https://www.quilterlabs.com

Joe Rogers

Lake Charles, LA USA
Post  Posted 3 Dec 2019 6:32 pm    

I own a Rittenberry "Original" and after hearing the recorded playback and finally playing a newer model Prestige, I knew I needed to put my order in for a D-10. I absolutely LOVE my current guitar, but there is something special in this new Prestige that sets it apart from the pack....

Joe Rogers

Scott Truax

Florida
Post  Posted 4 Dec 2019 6:38 am     Ritt Prestige

Joe,

You are sooooooo right !
Best,
Scott Truax

David Gertschen

Phoenix, Arizona
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2019 11:05 am    

When I called Rittenberry three weeks ago, he said he was no longer taking orders on new guitars. So is this the end of the Prestige?

mtulbert

Plano, Texas 75023
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2019 3:53 pm    

It is not the end of the Prestige line. Gary in the past does not take orders when his work load gets too heavy. He honors his commitments and will not take an order unless he can deliver in the time frame discussed. Try contacting him in the future after he delivers some guitars and see if you can get on the list.

Rittenberry Laquer D10, Rittenberry Prestige SD10, Revelation Preamp,Revelation Octal Preamp,Lexicon PCM 92 Reverb, Furlong Cabinet

Scott McRee

Georgia, USA
Post  Posted 5 Dec 2019 4:54 pm     Gary Rittenberry

It doesn’t get better than Mr. Rittenberry’s craftsmanship and quality. He’s the most detailed guy you’ll meet. His perfectionist shows in his guitars. The guitars are as perfect as you can get.
Thanks for your hard work and dedication to doing everything the right way and taking no shorts cuts Gary.