The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Nashville Crossroads Mondays!
Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2014 5:48 am    

I recently joined a really fun and hot country band with incredible country singer Vince Moreno.
We play every Monday evening from 6pm to 10pm at Nashville Crossroads on Broadway in Nashville Tn. Come see us!

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2014 8:04 am    

That will certainly be worth taking some time to see. I've heard Vince and he can sing some good country music. He and Tommy together will be a great combination.

RC

John Swain

Winchester, Va
Post  Posted 24 Mar 2014 1:28 pm    

I have to agree with you both, I saw Vince two weeks ago and he can really sing! He also covers the guitar parts while he's singing..

Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 5:27 am    

Went to see Tommy last night and even after seeing him play for 30-plus years he still blew me away. Always innovative and creative, incredible variety of chord movement and harmonies; but never just a string of licks. You could still hear the melody to the song somewhere in just about everything he played. A real object lesson in how to stretch the boundaries and play soulfully at the same time, and always for the song. And of course his tone on his Show Pro was as good as it gets.

So got to see both Tommy and Mike Johnson with great bands in one week, and could have seen Doug Jernigan, Kayton Roberts or the Timejumpers if I had time to go out every night. And got to see Steve Hinson playing his Tele (one of my favorite guitar players on top of his great steel playing) the night before with Eddie Lange on steel; that wasn't too shabby either!

I don't care what people say, I think I like this town. Smile

Shorty Rogers

Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 7:29 am    

Pete, I couldn't agree more. Vince certainly got the "Best Band on the Block" award last night. Great vocals and lead playing, but Tommy was truly outstanding and the reason I made a rare trip downtown. The epitome of Touch, Tone and Taste in an intimate venue where he could stretch out a little. Excellent follow up to Sunday's very successful benefit for Dennis Payne. Smile

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 9:14 am    

Thank you so much Pete. You are such a kind spirit and I hold a compliment from a player such as yourself in high regard. By the way, I was unaware of no smoking in that venue and didn't want to get my new Mullen G2 smoky so I was playing my 35 yr old Super Pro.
Shorty, thank you for making the trip downtown! I really appreciate that! It is such a fun band and I'm really enjoying playing live with Vince.
Again, my sincerest thanks fellas!

Last edited by Tommy White on 25 Mar 2014 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Pete Finney

Nashville Tn.
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 9:38 am    

Guess I finally need glasses, or should sit closer to the front so I can see the logo better! Smile

It sounded great no matter what. Always a pleasure.

Neil Lang

Albert Lea, Minnesota, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 11:05 am    

If Tommy is playing it.............its GONNA SOUND GREAT!!! No matter what brand of guitar, strings, pickups or amp. Just the fact guys! Smile Altho I must say....glad he was playin the Bud that night! Winking

Sid Hudson

Virginia, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 6:51 pm    

Tommy is "nasty good". Tommy plays things that are beautifully melodic and extremely difficult to mimic.

Tommy is better than "nasty good". He is unusually great.

He will be remembered many many decades into the future.

I would like to see Thomas record more cds for this purpose of documenting his career.

Eddie Lange is much better than "not to shabby" as mentioned above.

I know you did not mean anything derogatory Pete. I remember you being a very kind man.

Eddie is still a kid. Eddie Lange will become a force to be reckoned with.

The boy has a memory like one of those big gray things.

I play played a 4 hour gig with him within the last 6 months and the boy had the original intro, turn around and ending to everything we played.

It was almost scary. How anyone could memorize all of that and most of the songs were before he was born!

His intonation is impeccable .

Last edited by Sid Hudson on 26 Mar 2014 6:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 25 Mar 2014 10:34 pm     Vince and Tommy Together!

Tommy and Vince Together, I Would Love to see, That Would Be lots of Fun and Great Pickin. Randy G. Very Happy

Kenny Martin

Chapin, S.C. USA
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 5:58 am    

Now I will be making plans to come up every Monday possible to see todays World #1 steel player and my best brother "TW"!!!

I agree Sid, I wish he would do a 100 more CD's and DVD's! I would buy them all!!!

Thx for letting us know my friend "TW"! LOVE YA BROTHER! Very Happy

Herb Steiner

Spicewood TX 78669
Post  Posted 26 Mar 2014 6:13 am    

Vince made a brief sojourn here in Austin, after leaving Tucson and prior to ultimately hitting Nashville. I did one gig with him, he's a super talented picker and singer.

Tommy's in good company, and Vince has hired a man who's among the best ever. When I'm in town I know one stop I'm gonna make!

Son, we live in a world with walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with steel guitars. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Weinberg?

Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 29 Mar 2014 11:21 am     Cross roads Nashville

I will be bringing my family to Nashville on a vacation is this a family atmosphere? Is there a age limit to get in?[/list]

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2014 1:31 am    

Thanks again to my brothers Herb, Kenny, Sid and Pete!
You fellas are just the best!
Tony, the bar&grills on Broadway in Nashville are family
friendly and nice for the most part, however, I would be reluctant to
take an adolescent in one. Remember they are bars and do serve
alcoholic beverages.

Last edited by Tommy White on 30 Mar 2014 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Tony Tipton

Wagoner,Oklahoma, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2014 4:21 am    

Thanks , Tommy . We also plan to go to the Opry and maybe hear you there . We'd been in the bars during the day several years ago, but not in the evening . I'll make it work , somehow, cause I'd love to catch you in a smaller venue . Thanks, Tony

Randy Gilliam

San Antonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2014 9:23 am     My Repalcement.

Tell Vince I Guess he found My replacement! Ha Ha! Tommy I Have almost wore your CD out. Have Fun Vince is a Blast! Laughing

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 30 Mar 2014 10:07 am    

Randy, Vince says he doesn't know you Winking Laughing

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 2 Apr 2014 3:03 pm    

I won't be there this coming Monday due to being at the ACM awards. We will be back the following Monday ready to play Smile!!

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2014 11:50 pm    

We're back at Nashville Crossroads this Monday from 6 til 10!

Joe Casey

Weeki Wachee .Springs FL (population.9)
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2014 8:30 am    

Tommy,I have two Couples who are friends of mine that will be in town the 17th for 10 days with a side trip to Memphis.They already have tix for the Opry so they will get to see and hear you on two fronts. I'll make sure Smiley gets them to Broadway and tells them to say hi. Retired Cops who love Country Music.They might be a little nervous if Smiley drives them though. Laughing

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2014 11:51 am    

^^^^
The nice thing about playing 6 pm until 10 at Nashville Crossroads is it gives visitors just enough time to get 2 blocks away to catch the Time Jumpers! Really makes for a great evening of music, food and friends in Music City!

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 15 Apr 2014 2:03 pm    

Hello Tommy! Thanks for a great visit in Las vegas at the Academy Of Country Music Awards Show. Winking Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.& PIGEONS band. Joey Lee,Sharon Le Pore & David Cimino.

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2014 1:03 pm    

^^^^ Smile

Ken Byng

Southampton, England
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2014 1:51 pm    

I saw this band when I was in Nashville earlier this month. Tommy gets the chance to really stretch out and cut loose on some pretty modern country arrangements. He is given scope to play a lot of solos and back up steel, and just about blows everyone away with some ultra hot playing. This line up is well worth checking out as one of the best live acts in town.
Show Pro D10 - amber (8+6), MSA D10 Legend XL Signature - redburst (9+6), Sho-Bud Pro 111 Custom (8+6), Emmons black Push-Pull D10 (8+5), Zum D10 (8x8), Hudson pedal resonator. Telonics TCA-500, Webb 614-E,

Tommy White

Nashville
Post  Posted 21 Apr 2014 10:19 pm    

Thank you so much Ken. Really really appreciate the kindness. I have so much fun with that band and Vince Moreno is one of the best singers I've ever heard. Can't remember enjoying playing as much as I am now.
Thanks again my friend.