The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  ACM Awards
Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 11 Apr 2014 5:57 am    

This year makes 38 years I have belonged to the Academy of Country Music as a professional member. Like Leo, I have never made any money from it. They did have meetings that you could go to, and one year I did a performance with my band. All that is over now and I think this will be my last year as a member.

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 12 Apr 2014 6:15 pm    

Ken Lang,Don't give up on me! I am the Academy Of Country Music and I need you and all members to help me get to the hard heads of the " Board Staff " to get our " MUSEUM " of the real neighborhood History of Musicians and others in it. " Who Used Who,My Memories " is the real book of our neighborhood of Southern California Musicians,Night Club Owners/Songwriters,Studios & radio D.J's who made what the Academy Of Country Music has become what it is today.God Bless and may the real Country People get on Board with me. This is my mission before they kill me again like my X wife did to me. Winking Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr

Ken Lang

Simi Valley, Ca
Post  Posted 13 Apr 2014 7:43 am    

We'll see Leo. The music has turned R'n'R which is OK with me in a way, I just wish they had a different name for it other than country. I'm aware that kind of music has passed me by and that's as it should be.

The idea of a museum is a good one but I'm afraid only the old folks think that way. You need lots of people to attend, and the young folks could care less, which is the way it has always been.

As I say, we'll see......

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 14 Apr 2014 9:06 am    

Ken,You're right about the young to a point,but,this is how the whole world turns. That's why my book will take care of this matter and the movie and get the truth about " who Used Who,My Memories " out like the Bible. Am a no body but am some body to GOD and that's all that matters to me. God Bless us all,Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,jr & Pigeons band flying in your neighborhood soon. Winking

Mark Eaton

Sonoma County in The Great State Of Northern California
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2014 7:32 am    

Whatever they are calling this music, sales are going well. Despite what us "old farts and jackasses" (Blake Shelton's words) would like to see, it isn't going to change any time soon.

I just read a short article on The Boot stating that next year's show to be held at AT & T Stadium, home of the Dallas Cowboys, sold out - in 18 minutes - 70,000 tickets.

http://theboot.com/2015-acm-awards-sell-out/

I guess two popular phrases could apply here: "The masses are asses" - or - "The people have spoken."

As for some of us here according to Mr. Shelton, we are a more specific form of ass - "jackasses." Winking

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2014 9:48 am    

Quote:
I guess two popular phrases could apply here: "The masses are asses" - or - "The people have spoken."

Another cliche that comes to mind, "If it smells it sells."

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2014 8:54 am    

Barry Blackwood! You're right,but,the smell goes away and the crap stays and you can sell crap. Winking Uncle Leo

Barry Blackwood

Post  Posted 18 Apr 2014 9:07 am    

Someday all those people who bought the 70,000 tickets will be the old farts and jackasses to the next generation. What will the music that we consider crap now be to them? An even bigger load of crap. I guess the next generation gets to call it crap, but us old farts don't dare touch it now.. Oh Well

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2014 9:27 am    

Barry! The crap they are giving us we gave to them first.It's just they the young don't know where it came from by who.So they now call it their own music,But,it bad 70's & 80's rock n roll rap crap mixed with drum beats that make no sense to traditional Country Music but to the feet and set of Big Music Business award shows and we can make you a star from the heads who run all this in one ticket on T.V.by the same people who run the radio stations across this nation. Winking Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr.& PIGEONS with a hand full of crap or was it rap? Rolling Eyes

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 18 Apr 2014 10:52 am    

I remember back in 2000, Danni Leigh was at the ACMs presenting an award with Dwight Yoakam. I wish she had performed that night.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

LJ Eiffert

California, USA
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 10:31 am    

My late good friend Mr. Buck Owens did the best he could to help(Danni)her like he did Skinny Dwight (that guy) Yoakam, the Bakersfield what is was he wanted us to eat under his name in all those Albertson's Super markets. I did get her up at the After Party thanks to Fran Boyd who let her(Danni) perform. I always did my best to help everybody in our day for 38 years in what it was they wanted or needed.That was the true spirit of the Academy Of Country Music in my running days of what Bill & Fran Boyd,Gene Weed and Dick Clark Productions staff didn't know what I really did for them.But,I made it work. Winking Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. the God Father Of Southern California Country Music & The PIGEONS band & CRAWFISH band.

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 3:33 pm    

to answer bill, it would be hard to pick any specific act out since they are all so similar.

i'm glad the band perry got an award. even though they fit into the new scene, they also have more class and respect for putting on a tight performance.

Last edited by chris ivey on 19 Apr 2014 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brett Day

Pickens, SC
Post  Posted 19 Apr 2014 4:49 pm    

LJ Eiffert wrote:
My late good friend Mr. Buck Owens did the best he could to help(Danni)her like he did Skinny Dwight (that guy) Yoakam, the Bakersfield what is was he wanted us to eat under his name in all those Albertson's Super markets. I did get her up at the After Party thanks to Fran Boyd who let her(Danni) perform. I always did my best to help everybody in our day for 38 years in what it was they wanted or needed.That was the true spirit of the Academy Of Country Music in my running days of what Bill & Fran Boyd,Gene Weed and Dick Clark Productions staff didn't know what I really did for them.But,I made it work. Winking Uncle Leo J.Eiffert,Jr. the God Father Of Southern California Country Music & The PIGEONS band & CRAWFISH band.

Danni is one of my all-time favorite artists and I talk to her on the Facebook. She loves the steel!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

Glenn Suchan

Austin, Texas
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2014 7:12 am    

Richard Sinkler wrote:
We mustn't forget that superb song by Jason Aldean called 1994. The song is about Joe Diffie and all the lines are lines or snippets from Joe Diffie songs. It must really take an incredible songwriter to "assemble" (can't bring myself to say "write")a song using lines someone else wrote.

Thanks, Richard! I hadn't heard that song until you mentioned it, so I just listened to it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Man, I laughed so hard my morning coffee came outta my nose! Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm hoping' it was written to be humorous because it's hilarious!!

There's no way that "1994" can compare with a classic that takes some of it's lyrics from other classic country songs: Written by 'Doodle' Owens and 'Whitey' Shafer, and recorded in 1974 by Moe Bandy; "I Just Started Hatin' Cheatin' Songs Today" (BTW: Enjoy Weldon Myrick's great steel work)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollJ1EIGH1s

Keep on picking'!
Glenn

Rick Campbell

Sneedville, TN, USA
Post  Posted 24 Apr 2014 8:07 am    

Glenn Suchan wrote:
Richard Sinkler wrote:
We mustn't forget that superb song by Jason Aldean called 1994. The song is about Joe Diffie and all the lines are lines or snippets from Joe Diffie songs. It must really take an incredible songwriter to "assemble" (can't bring myself to say "write")a song using lines someone else wrote.

Thanks, Richard! I hadn't heard that song until you mentioned it, so I just listened to it. Laughing Laughing Laughing Man, I laughed so hard my morning coffee came outta my nose! Laughing Laughing Laughing I'm hoping' it was written to be humorous because it's hilarious!!

There's no way that "1994" can compare with a classic that takes some of it's lyrics from other classic country songs: Written by 'Doodle' Owens and 'Whitey' Shafer, and recorded in 1974 by Moe Bandy; "I Just Started Hatin' Cheatin' Songs Today" (BTW: Enjoy Weldon Myrick's great steel work)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ollJ1EIGH1s

Keep on picking'!
Glenn

Glenn - I also thought of Moe when I read this. Ditto on Weldon.

RC