The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons Pushpull/ 1972 fatback PRICE DROP
Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2014 12:36 pm    

This guitar was rebuilt with levers added and a few mods by Mike Cass about a decade ago(the best my memory can do). 8 floors and 9 knee levers (Emmons setup). I played it for about 5 years since then mainly bedroom picking with occasional outings. The necks were just resurfaced (as M.Cass instructed to do to the letter)and new fret boards. Newly polished. A few minor light scratches remain on endplates and a couple deeper ones on the pedal rack. If I were to keep this guitar I would have the C6 VK lever machined to enable the steel cross bar to be reattached to the front and rear aprons in the middle of the cab. Something I planned to do but never got around to it.
It had raises on the strings 1 and 2 (Hughey change P4) but I disconnected them as I preferred the 'feel' without them, but the rods are still there.
The case has some wear and a little warpage on one end (stored without the guitar) but functional. Some rust on hardware.
I'm including an original Emmons volume pedal M. Cass sold me when he rebuilt the guitar.
This is a great sounding steel. It's a '72 black fatback. Im asking $3400 + sh.
steve 805 6408305
swelborn1214@sbcglobal.net

steve

Last edited by Steven Welborn on 17 Apr 2014 3:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2014 6:51 pm    

some wider pics of the undercarriage and one showing one of the knurled brass 7/16" cylinders I adapted for the undercarriage tuners. I found them at local hardware store as lamp parts. They work like a charm. Much easier to reach under and find and turn. They dont interfere with any adjacent rods.

if the lever configuration still is not clear enough or blurry from these pics I can snap some more at different angles.

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2014 3:29 pm    

Price reduced to $3000. I will repost some more pics without the "blur" and cam flash soon on as it seems to accentuate smudges/scratches worse then they are.

Steven Welborn

Ojai,CA USA
Post  Posted 25 Apr 2014 4:06 pm    

reduced again-----$2800
Confused

at this point, If I had the time to restore the case I'd hold at $3k.
Strip it down, replace maybe three side/end plywood panels, new vinyl and hardware and it's there.