The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Carter Starter SOLD TO OUTSIDE BUYER.
Jim Williams

Meridian, Mississippi, USA - Home of Peavey!
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2014 8:30 am    

I'm going to list this on ebay next week but thought I would post it here for a week first.
Carter Starter Pedal Steel Guitar with three pedals and four levers...standard Emmons Setup.

Extras Include:
Getting Started DVD
Gig Bag (Original with guitar...nylon bag...might be good for a dust cover but that is about all.)
Old DeArmond volume pedal (look roughs but it works)
Two new sets of custom SIT strings from Steel Guitars of Canada
A used Ernie Ball bar with a few nicks and scratches, but useable.
I also made some wooden dowel lever extensions that I will send with it. These can be attached with zip ties or small hose clamps to extend the levers if you are short like me.
I'll also throw in a copy of "First Lessons for Steel Guitar" which includes a Book, DVD and a CD.
As I have posted on the forum, the LKR knee lever on this guitar is pretty firm. After messing with it quite a bit, I think this is just a design flaw and not a defect. You can make the action lighter by adjusting the rods but of course this increases travel. This might not be a problem if you are normal size, but I have very short legs and it makes it uncomfortable for me. There are some mods that might could be done to improve the action here, but I have another guitar and just need to get this one to a new home. Everything works, all the pedal and lever changes are tuned and the guitar holds tune very well. Shipping will be at actual cost to your destination through a local pack & ship facility so it will be well packed with the proper materials since it doesn't have a hard case. The guitar is very light, so I don't think shipping will be too bad...probably ballpark around $60 - $75.
The guitar is in very good to excellent condition, but just be aware it is a beginners model...don't compare it to a pro instrument costing several thousand dollars. I will consider offers and partial trade offers...I would be interested in trading for a high quality non pedal console...8 string or double six preferred. I have listed this on Ebay and will have to remove it here once someone bids on it.

Last edited by Jim Williams on 22 Apr 2014 12:24 pm; edited 4 times in total

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 17 Apr 2014 12:59 pm    

Bump for actual photos added.

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 21 Apr 2014 7:22 am    

Make a reasonable offer...I would really rather sell this on the forum than Ebay.

Jim Williams

Post  Posted 22 Apr 2014 12:25 pm    

Sold Non Forum.