The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  OzSGA 2014 Winter Fun Show & Jam Sunday Pics
Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 Mar 2014 6:12 am    

The Ozark Steel Guitar Association, Branson, Mo. Sunday 2/23/14 Show and Jam. Held in The music room of The Wheel House Restaurant.

Association Chaplains Jeremiah and Venda Hanley conduct church services

First performer, Eddie Lane with Buddy Lewis, Wayne Massengale, Russ Burns and Dino Strunk in the band

Jerry Newberry with wife, Donna, on vocals, grandson Austin Stewart on bass and Clark Cox on Drums.

Austin Stewart

Mike McGee with Max King on bass and vocals

Lunch time in the restaurant

Jam time 1:15 pm.

Nine steelers with Buddy Lewis, Russ Burns and Dino Strunk providing great back up !

Wayne Morton

Rick Crow

Jerry Newberry

Eddie Lane

Mike McGee

Austin Stewart

Jerry Hanley

Larry Garrett

Steve Melchi

Was great to see members Leonard Robertson, Bob Carden and Mr & Mrs Ron Plumblee there.

Charlie Steichen

Branson West, MO, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2014 7:02 pm    

Bill,
I just wanted to say thanks for the pictures. That new camera works great. If any player lost agray jacket, I found one in the setup room. Contact Charlie @417-338-6725.

Charlie Steichen

Branson West, MO, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2014 7:03 pm    

Bill,
I just wanted to say thanks for the pictures. That new camera works great. If any player lost agray jacket, I found one in the setup room. Contact Charlie @417-338-6725.

Michael McGee

Everton, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2014 7:11 pm    

Bill, great pictures! Thanks so much for your efforts. We enjoyed visiting with you and your lovely bride!

Jeremiah Hanley

Springfield, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 4 Mar 2014 7:40 pm    

Bill, your pictures of the Winter Show is a great contribution to our club! We are very fortunate to have you and your wife among us! I'm so glad you were on the program playing your steel and those were wonderful words you said about Jim Kielblock. I sure missed him. He and his wife were always faithful to attend the events of our club. I'll never forget the first time I saw Jim roll his steel guitar into the Community Center. I really liked his ingenuity in figuring out how to make it work! I sure wish I had the talent to build something worthwhile. I can't even make a box. Thanks a lot, Bill, for all your helps that you give to our club!

Bill Myrick

Pea Ridge, Ar. (deceased)
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 5:45 am    

Thanks so much Jerry, but right back at you !!! You officers are doing so great serving the members and working for the betterment and enjoyment of the Association. I want to mention that Miss Eva and I had lunch Sunday with Dino, Russ and Wayne Massengale. I was very impressed with the ideas and comments they all shared (particularly Wayne) on how the Association needs to be supported by The Branson Musicians and ideas for that endeavor. I understand Wayne and Charlie are getting their heads together in that respect. I'm looking for some good ideas and fun this summer ! Proud of all of you, big time !! Wink

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 6:23 am     Great photos

Looks like I missed a good one - I plan on being at the next show in July I think??

Great photos and a bunch of great friends from our steel guitar family.

Hope to see lots of you guys in Dallas next week.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Buddy Lewis

Branson, MO
Post  Posted 5 Mar 2014 8:02 pm     What great fun!

Thank you guys so much for letting me be a part of such a great organization with such wonderful people. Every show is a special treat for me and this show was no exception. Our steel guitar players are some of the best people I have met in the music business. Smile