The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  ZumSteel Pedal Steel Guitar for Sale *** SOLD! ***
David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2013 8:54 am    

This is a very nice example, produced by Bruce Zumsteg, whose attention to detail and craftsmanship is very well-known. This guitar has triple raise and triple lower changers and features raise helper springs for very easy pedal and lever action. The serial number is D108365 which indicates that the guitar originally was built with 5 knee levers, so the 6th one was added sometime later. It looks professionally done, so it was most likely sent back to the factory for the installation. This is a very smooth playing all-pull guitar, very similar in looks to an Emmons Lashley LeGrande.

This guitar has a very standard Emmons set up; 8×6 with E’s on the left . The LKL (outside) raises string one to G# and string two to E. The stock single coil pickups are wound to about 18K ohms.
This guitar also has split-tuning capability for every string. For example; using RKL (F#) and Pedal 2 (A) results with a tunable G note for the 6th string.

The Zum Steel comes with a very nice black case with red velvet lining. There are a few very minor scratches on the case, which is to be expected as it's designed to protect the contents. A tuning wrench is included, and it will need tuned.
$3500 plus shipping - PayPal or cashier's check accepted (PayPal add 3%)

No trades, please!

Last edited by David Naslund on 28 Aug 2013 11:38 am; edited 4 times in total

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2013 9:25 am     ZumSteel

Hello everyone,

I am the one that sold this guitar to these very nice folks, so I can vouch for it being a really good one Very Happy

I bought it from the original owner, who is a very good friend that lives nearby, in Yamhill, Oregon. I believe the guitar was built in 1989.

I wish I could afford to buy it back but I'm getting ready to retire from my day job soon, and just can't afford to invest the money at the moment. Whoever ends up buying this guitar won't be disappointed.

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 24 Aug 2013 11:58 am    

Thank you, Lynn - yes this masterpiece is one of yours and it's really a beautiful instrument. Thank you for the kind words, and good luck to the lucky buyer! Smile

Larry Behm

Mt Angel, Or 97362
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2013 2:44 pm    

I played this guitar at Lynn's house when he had it, it is the real deal.

Larry Behm

Phone: 971-219-8533

David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2013 5:37 pm    

Always such nice folks here on Steel Guitar Forum! Thank you for the comment, Larry!

Lynn Stafford

Ridgefield, WA USA
Post  Posted 26 Aug 2013 7:52 pm    

Larry Behm wrote:
I played this guitar at Lynn's house when he had it, it is the real deal.

Larry Behm

Thanks, Larry!

He's right...this is a great sounding and playing ZumSteel. I set it up for myself to play, which I did a few times before I decided to let it go (for financial reasons only).

If anyone has any technical questions about this guitar, please feel free to email me and I will reply. It was originally equipped with 5 knee levers and I feel that my friend (the original owner)probably sent it back to Bruce Zumsteg to add the 6th one. I matches perfectly and was professionally installed.

Here is a link to my web site where I have this guitar listed with a few more details and photos.

http://steelguitarwest.com/guitars-that-have-sold-2/

STEEL GUITAR WEST
http://www.steelguitarwest.com
Steel Guitar Technician (Restoration, Set-up, Service and Repair work)

Previous Emmons Authorized Dealer & Service Technician (original factory is now closed)

ZumSteel Authorized Service Technician
----------------------------------

David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 27 Aug 2013 6:48 am    

Thanks, Lynn! I believe your pictures are actually in better detail than the ones I took! Smile

David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2013 11:41 am     ZumSteel Pedal Steel Guitar for Sale *** SOLD! ***

The Zum just sold! Thank you everyone for your interest, and a special thanks to Lynn Stafford for all your support and patience and guidance in helping us with this! - David & Tamara Naslund

David Naslund

Nebraska, USA
Post  Posted 28 Aug 2013 3:19 pm    

Donation to B0b is on it's way!