The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  RIP. Maurice Anderson
Jeff Spencer

Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 1:44 pm    

A sad loss on all fronts. His contribution will go on and on. Thank you Reece. Condolences to Teresa and all his family. Resting in the arms of The Lord.

Ron Page

Penn Yan, NY USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 2:46 pm    

The man has left quite a legacy in the steel guitar community. I am honored to have known him and thankful to have been there when he was inducted into the Steel Guitar HoF.

Sincere condolences to Reece's family and loved ones.

Ulrich Sinn

California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 3:00 pm    

My sincerest condolences. He leaves a tremendous legacy for all of us!

Archie Nicol

Ayrshire, Scotland
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 3:21 pm    

Just got on here, tonight. Sad news indeed. I spoke to Reece a few years back when I was ordering a new MSA. There was a minor manufacturing problem with the pedal board. He arranged to have it shipped to Dallas for adjustment and paid the shipping both ways. Threw in an extra pick-up as compensation for my trouble. Here he is with Forum pal Billy and said item.

Our sincere condolences to Reece's Family.

June and Arch.

Larry Baker

Columbia, Mo. U.S.A.
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 3:40 pm    

Very sad news. Reece was very instrumental in my starting on the Steel guitar playing world. He will be very much missed. Prayers for all of the family. Rest in Peace Sir. Larry Baker

Dan Carey

Mahopac N.Y
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 4:34 pm    

On behalf of Jody Carver, who at the present time is with his band and out of town I know how he would feel about Mr. Anderson leaving this world we live in...however as Jody would say, he's in a better place now he is with God...our condolences to Mrs. Anderson for her loss.............

Dan Carey

Last edited by Dan Carey on 8 Jul 2013 4:46 pm; edited 2 times in total

Doug Childress

Orange, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 4:48 pm    

What can I say that has not already been said about Reece Anderson. What a great human being! I had the pleasure of attending his FAST TRACK school twice over the past three years and cannot measure what his patience and guidance did for me not only as a musician but as a human being. A true example of what we should all strive to be. So long Reece you will be missed and our hearts go out to Teresa and all your family.

George Ashmore

Spearfish, South Dakota, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 4:48 pm    

Maurice "Reece" Anderson; my mentor, instructor and close friend. I still hear his patient voice whisper to me that "You can do this George". I so wanted to make him proud of this student.

He will live in my heart forever. Each and every time I think of the music he has given all of us, or try to play the wonderful guitars he personally picked for me, I will give thanks the Lord for creating such a talented and brilliant light that will continue to shine in His name for all of us and for all time.

My favorite picture of Reece.

[/img]

Dennis Atkins

St. Paul, Minnesota
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 4:54 pm    

Like everyone else who has met Reece, I too have memories of my meeting with him. I first met him at Scotty's in St. Louis, and a few years ago, I was able to spend a couple of hours with him at his home doing an interview with him.

I once owned an MSA Sidekick, and Reece was willing to buy it back from me and get me onto a newer version of his latest designs.

He was not only a great person, first of all, but a great musician and teacher. I don't think I have ever seen him without a smile on his face.

If people are measured by their life and influence, his will be immeasurable. He has left a mark on the steel guitar industry that will not be long forgotten.

May God grant his family peace and comfort at this time. My condolences to the family.

Dennis

Larry Hamilton

Keller, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 5:06 pm    

I am starting to hate the Forum or at least the Gone Home section. Above all what a Man. R.I.P. Mr. Andertson.

Bill Hatcher

Atlanta Ga. USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 5:37 pm    

RIP Reese. if you try to count the best on one hand...he is one of them for sure. i feel fortunate enough to have traded email with him a few times and let him know i thought he was one of the best!

Merrill & Vangie Fich

Yuma, Az.
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 6:00 pm    

This news is so sad for us, but we rejoice for Reese. He has received the ultimate promotion to his eternal home in Heaven, forever with his Savior Jesus Christ and all of those that are there to welcome him home. He now joins John Hughey and the other greats around the Throne of God. Our love and prayers are with Teresa and the family. May God's presence bring you peace and comfort.

doug jernigan

smyrna tn, usa
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 6:16 pm     RIP Maurice Anderson

I met Maurice in the mid 1960's at the Andrew Jackson Hotel in Nashville TN. I heard him playing some great jazz tunes and became he became a great influence to me. I am so sorry to hear of his passing. He will be greatly missed. Jetta and I offer our condolences to his family. Doug Jernigan

Raymond Keller

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 6:26 pm    

What a great loss,another icon of the steel guitar ,who will be missed by all,prayers for Theresa and family during this difficult time.

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 6:34 pm    

Well, I just discovered these postings this evening. Maurice "Reece" Anderson was a dear friend and mentor of mine since the 1970s.

He was such a talented player, a musicians musician, a great teacher, innovator, and just a real gentleman. He took me under his wing back in the 70s and was always positive and encouraging. He was a Giant among the steel world! Reece could play and do it all on the steel guitar.

Reece as I and others mentioned was always positive and he was a man of faith and we had several discussions about that. He loved Jesus and his Gospel recordings titled "The Universal Direction," was years ahead of its time. To me early on he referred to Jesus as The Key!

At this time I do not want to be sad, because I truly believe Reece went to be with The Lord and I expect to see him there when I cross over one day.

However, we do want to send prayers and condolences to Teresa and all his family and friends. May GOD give HIS peace to family and friends!

Terry and Zane Wood

Jody Cameron

Angleton, TX,, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 6:56 pm    

I am so sorry to hear of Reece's passing. He was a true inspiration, and a great Christian man. He will always be remembered with fondness. My condolences to the family. RIP Reece...I truly loved you. Jody

Skeeter Stultz

LOMITA, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 8:22 pm    

Glad to have watched him play a couple of times. Once in the Bob Wills Band in San Antonio and then up close at Blackie Taylors store. R.I.P.Hoss. You will be greatly missed.

Skeeter Stultz

LOMITA, California, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 8:23 pm    

Glad to have watched him play a couple of times. Once in the Bob Wills Band in San Antonio and then up close at Blackie Taylors store. R.I.P.Hoss. You will be greatly missed.

Susan Alcorn

Baltimore, MD, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 8:45 pm    

Sadness.

Reece was such an incredible musician, as well as a kind, decent, and supportive human being.

I'm really going to miss him.

My deepest condolences to the Anderson family.

"So this is how you swim inward. So this is how you flow outwards. So this is how you pray."
- Mary Oliver

Last edited by Susan Alcorn on 4 Jul 2013 9:02 pm; edited 5 times in total

Mark Greenway

Lake Kiowa, Texas
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 8:59 pm    

I can't add to anything that has not already been said. RIP

My condolences to the family.

Here is Maurice playing Amazing Grace:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkaQJJitm9A

Jerry Gleason

Eugene, Oregon, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 9:01 pm    

Very sad news. Reece was an important influence for me. The multi-volume set of "The Moods of Maurice Anderson" was one of the recordings that got me started down the path of playing jazz on the pedal steel back in the '70's.

Deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Mark Wayne

Wisconsin, USA
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 9:18 pm    

Reece was the first person that caused some of us to read about the '"2-second rule," and his emphasis on how we must think before we play. Thank you, Reece.

Jimmy Douglas

Raceview, Queensland, Australia
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 9:20 pm    

Very sad to learn that Maurice has passed. A wonderful person and inspiration. My sincere condolences to his family. Vale the master.

Walter Stettner

Vienna, Austria
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 10:15 pm    

What a shock to read the sad news in the morning. I immediately walked up to my MSA guitar, looked at it and sent a great big "Thank You, Reece" to him for all he contributed to the Steel Guitar world.

My condolences go out to Teresa and the family.

Walter Stettner
Vienna, Austria

Spencer Scott

England (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2013 11:44 pm    

San news indeed,I will have many fond memories of you during my visits to Dallas, you are one of a kind always had time for everyone.My condolences to the family and friends.RIP.
Spence.