The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MS: Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)
Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 2 May 2013 4:20 pm    

Novenber 1st and 2nd has been confirmed for our next steel show here in Gulfport, Mississippi. Another grand weekend of some of the best in the business. Have plenty of time for planning a great time and a superb line up of players. Already have confirmed some HOF players too. More info as it develops. VFW on Dedeaux Rd.- same as before.
Bill Stafford

Billy Carr

Seminary, Mississippi, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 3 May 2013 1:51 am     G'port

I'll do my best to make both dates. That'll give the folks at Brandon a chance to hear a different steelman instead of my ole routine on 11-2. Change is good from time to time and fresh.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2013 3:48 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Billy, that is great news. Gene Breeden will be back on stage with us and I am anxious to hear you, Gene, Lorraine Walden, Roy Rosetta and the band perform for us both days. Maybe you and I can work up a dual program also. Ellis Olsen is working on a great Real Country Music program for both days also - so come with your thumb pick hot. Thanks again for all your support and talent, and especially your genuine friendship.
Bill STafford

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 3 May 2013 4:07 am     steel show

Maybe we can put a set together with you, Stevie and myself, as well as, one with Bobby Bowman, if he can make it. Maybe our buddy, Danny Harrell will bring his Emmons and pick. Thanks. More later buddy.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 3 May 2013 4:16 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

That would be a crowd pleaser, Billy. Work on that and keep the fires burning..See you. Glad you are working the Brandon Opry with Bob Saxton, Kenny and the guys.
Bill Stafford

Hal Higgins

Denham Springs, LA
Post  Posted 7 May 2013 2:16 pm    

I'm making plans to be there this time Bill...provided no jobs are on the books for the band I work with. I'll let you know closer to time....HAL
HAL...Excel D-10 w/ 8 & 5. SteelSeat.com w/back,SteelSeat.com Pedal Board on Legs with Quilter Tone Block 200 amp, Boss GE 7, Boss DD 3, Boss RV 6, Boss RT-20 Hilton Expression Pedal, Evans Cabinet with 4 ohm Eminence 15" speaker. BJS birthstone bar, Powder coated Tone bar by Michael Hillman. Dunlop Coated finger picks and Zookies L30 thumb picks.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 7 May 2013 5:38 pm     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Will keep you on the players listing, Hal. Really appreciate your support. Thanks. Hope all is well for you and your family.
Bill Stafford

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2013 2:51 pm     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Our Nov. show is already shaping up to be another good time for all. Just received confirmation that Patsy Trigg will be in house and will have a program for us to really enjoy on both Friday evening and Saturday afternoon-Nov. 1st and 2nd. Bob Saxton will be on the Friday evening show and he and Patsy recorded "Granny Got Runned Over By A Reindeer". Patsy plays lead guitar(twin) with Bob and that is so good to hear. We will start off the Christmas season perfect with Patsy here on our stage. Pee Wee Whitewing will be with us again also, along with a lot of our regulars and some new talent to look forward to meeting and hearing. Gene Breeden and Lorraine Walden will be back with us too-along with some great talent that will be coming down from Nashville with them. I will update the list of players periodically as it develops and it is already doing just that too. Thanks for all this support.
Bill Stafford

Jack Goodson

new brockton,alabama (deceased)
Post  Posted 12 May 2013 3:56 pm     gulfport show

bill: martha and i will try to make it this time, had some health problems last time. if you happen to have a couple of picking spots we will try to be there both days....thanks jack

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 12 May 2013 6:15 pm     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Hi Jack, that is good news. I am so proud that you and Martha have been supporting us for many years. I will have a spot for you and Martha on both days, plus your fiddling in between also. Thanks so very much. Keep in touch.
Bill Stafford

Royce Tarver

Louisiana, USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 23 May 2013 12:47 pm    

Bill;
Plan to be there both days."Patsy Cline" got me last fall but that won't happen again 'cause I ain't booking nothin' this time. I'm holding those dates open.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 23 May 2013 1:39 pm     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Royce, that is good news. Been missing you a lot on these shows. Got you down for both days...Stay ready.
Bill Stafford

Arvis Moore

Brandon, Ms.
Post  Posted 24 May 2013 5:41 am     Nov. show at Gulfport

Bill, I plan on being there both days.
Thanks, Arvis Moore from Brandon, Ms.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 24 May 2013 5:47 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Arvis, that is sure a good bit of news for me this morning. Thanks, got you down on the program for both days......New treat for all of us here way down south. Getting better all the time. (With this much time to plan ahead, I had better plan for much more days...ho ho ho..). Will be a good time for all and I hope to have a very special and appreciative treat for all the players also. Have to wait and see how that develops, but it already has a good start.
Arvis, my email is SChiefsan@aol.com. Stay in touch with me there and I can give you my phone no. also.
Bill Stafford

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 24 May 2013 6:15 pm     show

Coming together nicely. Hey Arvis, how about doing some sets with Ellis Olsen. That'll give a new twist to some things. I'm planning on doing some sets w/o vocals this time. I've got some different instrumentals I've never used at the G'port shows. Thanks.

Ray Harrison

Tucson, Arizona, USA (deceased)
Post  Posted 24 May 2013 7:47 pm    

Bill, looking forward to being there with Corky, Gene, Jerry, Bill, Roy and yourself. Lots of folks to pester....
Take care....
Telonics , Fender Rumble500, Polytone Amps
D-16 Martin, 1970 Ovation guitars

Lavon Chappell

The Heart of Dixie
Post  Posted 27 May 2013 10:13 pm    

Looking forward to this great show. Been to the last 5 or 6 , never been disappointed.

Bill Ferguson

Milton, FL USA
Post  Posted 28 May 2013 1:27 pm    

Ray, you can pester me on stage ANYTIME

Billy Carr

Post  Posted 7 Jun 2013 7:56 pm     show

Hey Bill, hope everyone's ok and your show will be a good one. I will be able to be there both days/nights. I've just started putting together an instrumental set for each time I play. I want to do a tribute to our great friend/player, John Hughey and also, in the mix, I'd like to throw in some Jimmy Day songs along with another steel great, Tom Brumley. Hope that's ok, see you in November, buddy. Thanks. Any steel pickers that want to join me on any set are welcome. Not a problem. Let's have fun and remember the great ones.

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2013 2:31 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

Billy, that is some of the best news for all of us. Your program will be one of the best and I am so pleased that you will be honoring John Hughey with your talent. I have been hearing how you are getting everyone's atterntion at the Brandon Opry when you, one of the very few that can, play in "Hughey Land". This will be one of our very best programs thanks to you and your support. I will schedule you both days with a 45 minute program to help you honor John. Thank you so much.
Bill Stafford

Joel Hill

Ridgeland, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2013 1:33 pm    

Hello Mr. Stafford, You may not remember me but my friend and i came over to visit with you a couple of months ago. I wanted to tell you that I thoroughly enjoyed my visit with you. I would love to come down and pick a few with you guys from south Mississippi if you will have me. Sounds like it would be a ton of fun. Thx Joel Hill

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 8 Jun 2013 6:35 pm     Joel Hill

Of course I remember you Joel. Would love to have you with us. My email is SChiefsan@aol.com send me mail with additional information so we can plan it all properly. Hope all is going well with you and all in the family there.
Bill Stafford

Roland Buras

Kiln, MS, 45 miles east of New Orleans off I-10 USA
Post  Posted 24 Jun 2013 8:17 am     Deep South Steel Show

Hi Billy, Looking forward to the Nov 1st & 2cd steel guitar show in Gulfport Ms. You can count on me to help with any plans are assistance you may need.
See you soon

R J Buras

Bill Stafford

Gulfport,Ms. USA
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2013 8:17 am     Gulfport Steel Guitar Show (Deep South Steel Guitars)

With all this planning time, our next event here in Gulfport will be better than ever. Barney Miller just called telling us that he will be on our stage Friday and Saturday. AND, along with him will be one of the best Western Swing Guitarists in the business-Billy Puckett. Having him and another Western Swing Hall of Famer-Gene Breeden-with us, will top off any one group of musicians on any stage anywhere. I am so proud of all my friends for their support. Thanks so very much. November is coming, so standby for a good time here on the coast of Mississippi.

Ben ODell

Agricola, Mississippi, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2013 8:23 am     Bump

TTT