The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Peavey Amps
Dave Seddon

Leicester, England.
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2002 8:11 am    

I have just sold my Vegas 400 simply because I don't gig anymore. Where I live, in Leicester, England, it is a dead spot as far as country music is concerned, there are no bands and the only two clubs we have are more intersted in shoot-outs than the music.
So, I still want to play at home and get the sound I used to get from the Vegas. Question!- why don't Peavey make a smaller amp for Steel, like they do for guitar. There are loads of little amps for guitar like the Blazer etc., 15w, 20w you know what I mean, so why can't we have 20watt, 50watt amps for steel featuring the usual EQ,s and and even using a 10 or 12 inch speaker get the same sound. I know the size and type of speaker makes a difference, but I am sure that Mike Brown and his team could come up with a package that would suit. I have seen numerous threads on the forum about steelers using small amps like Blazers and Studio amps, with mixed receptions. I am sure that the Peavey team could come up with a small economical, Home/Studio amp for the non profesional Bedroom picker, with the paramid features to get somewhere near the sound of the great 400/1000 series.
Happy New Year to every Steeler in the world
Dave

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 30 Dec 2002 9:51 am    

Moved to 'Electronics' section