The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New Fulawka!
Mike Harmon

Overland, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2002 6:45 pm    

Well, Ed "The Man" has done it again!

The UPS man brought my new Fulawka S10 last night, and is it ever a beauty! It's a real work of art. The color scheme is the reverse of Ollie Strong's guitar, if you've seen his pics over on the "Steel Players" category.

Fulawka is a class act. I've never bought a new steel before, but I can't believe that all the builders supply all the stuff that Ed did. He included a 3/16" nutdriver, allen wrenches for all the setscrews, extra bellcranks, a couple of extra rods, a handful of screws and springs, explicit handwritten instructions for setting the guitar up and taking it down, a copedant listing, a chart of string gauges, and even a film canister full of special lube for the ball joints and pedal rod hook ends. That's the only place this guitar requires lubrication. Everything else uses lifetime sealed bearings! There is NO slack or rattle in the pedal rods. Full pedal travel is only 3/8".

I'll post some pics as soon as I can get them taken and uploaded to my ISP where I can attach them here, although it will probably be next Thursday or Friday before I have time. In the meantime, I'll be wishing I was home with "the baby".

------------------
Mike Harmon
Fulawka S10 3 & 5
Nashville 400

Graham

Marmora, Ontario, Canada
Post  Posted 20 Dec 2002 8:11 pm    

For those of you who don't know Mike, you are in for a real site to behold when you see pics of his new Fulawka.
A little history: Mike was involved in a serious motorcycle accident some years ago that resulted in him not being able to use his left foot on the pedals of his steel. I met Mike in St.Louis at the Fulawka room where I had my "lefty" set up. Mike told me how he had talked to another well known builder about making him a right handed steel with the pedals set up as they would be on a left handed steel, that is on the right side. He was given a million reasons why it couldn't be done. I introduced him to Ed and when he posed that question to Eddy, his reply was "I can build you anything you want". You will see the proof of that when Mike Posts his pics.

Congratulations, Mike. Know you will be happy with your new Fulawka!!

------------------
Rebelâ„¢
ICQ 614585

http://users.interlinks.net/rebel/steel/steel.html

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2002 3:56 am    

OK WOW on the Story about Mike> Graham.
Mike; congradulations pal...I know your proud and it only gets better my friend.....as you fall more in love with each day.
Eddy Said: "I'll build you anything you want".....
Well Ed's confidence is proven in his guitars....that he as been building Long before our american pedal steels.....and it shows.....and shows and shows.
Blue staining Birdseye Maple is one of the most hardest things to do....and I can explain 8 reasons why....but won't go into right now.....but "I can build you anything you want" worked very well for me as you can see below.

Can't wait to see yours Mike.
Ricky

[This message was edited by Ricky Davis on 21 December 2002 at 04:05 AM.]

Stephen Gambrell

Over there
Post  Posted 21 Dec 2002 10:44 am    

Is that a "Blue Darling," Ricky? Sure is pretty!!