The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Lynn Owsley Fingertip Sho-Bud
Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2002 5:46 am    

There is an old Bud for sale on Ebay now that is advertised as having been "bilt for Lynn Owsley" (bilt?) which is stamped underneath the guitar-as I am moderately interested in this one however I think this one will go for more than I want to pay perhaps because of the "personality attachment" (we like Lynn he is a nice guy) Does anybody remember Lynn O playing this one with E.T.?

[This message was edited by PAUL WARNIK on 02 November 2002 at 06:45 AM.]

George Rozak

Braidwood, Illinois USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2002 1:44 pm    

Paul...

I emailed the seller over a day ago requesting more info and asking if I could see it in person. So far, no response back. I'm always a little reluctant dealing with eBay sellers with low feedback ratings (this one is 0), particularly with higher priced items. Have you tried contacting him?

I think Lynn occasionally posts here. Maybe he'll see this and comment on it.

George

Paul Warnik

Illinois,USA
Post  Posted 2 Nov 2002 4:24 pm    

George-the seller did email me back with his phone number that he could be contacted at-I got an e-mail from someone close to where the guitar is for sale-He raised the question about the time frame when Lynn was playing with E.T. and the possibility that he was playing a p/p emmons then-no doubt it is a fingertip Sho-Bud but they were discontinued some years before Lynn was with E.T. Could this be another attempt by someone to falsify the intrinsic value of a steel guitar with a bogus personality attachment? Quite possibly-but I dont think it was done by the current owner/seller-whoever it was couldn't spell past 4th grade (bilt)??? Give anybody an idea who might be behind such a possible forgery?

[This message was edited by PAUL WARNIK on 02 November 2002 at 05:19 PM.]