The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  Emmons Push-Pull Millennium
Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 10:11 am    

Well when someone comes on here and says:
quote:
"Perhaps MSA IS on the cutting edge. Do you think the other steel makers are not cognizant of this 'revolutionary move' to a lighter, stronger material? If you believe they're not, you just may be a tad behind, and perhaps if the steel makers are not aware, maybe they're further behind than you are."

....they are asking for a battle.
This person just said I'm a tad behind and other steel makers are even further behind than I am.....if I or they are not:
Quote:
"cognizant of this 'revolutionary move' to a lighter, stronger material"

WEll I know many many Steel Makers and I happen to know they have no desire to build their guitars other than the way they have designed and/or are designing within their beliefs of the most quality instrument that they can offer.
I think all Steel guitars old and new....offer something very nice in their design....and I welcome all new inovations...but to downplay other builders of being behind in revolutionary moves...is just about the worse thing you can do when your trying to promote something.
Yes your passionate about what you believe in as we all are.....heck I'm partial to the guitar I play now.....that was built by a man that was building guitars even before the first ShoBud and Emmons.....but I will have to check my words before I continue to say how others makers are behind this particular builder in his design.....and I would never say that; even as passionate I am about my guitar and it's design.
It's hard to watch what we say when we are so passionate about what we believe in; as I have to watch my mouth every day.....but if someone has issue with what I say....I immediately look at what I said and not what they are saying.
I know Stephen Real well; and he is an extreamly knowledgable Man in every way.....no matter his age.......and I probably would have responded to the comments made above, even before him....but I have been sooooooooo busy playing my new guitar...."which is far better than any design and any other guitar on this planet and that will ever be built on this planet in a bazzillion years";......now do ya see just how stupid that sounds??? of course I don't mean it....as I really believe everyone has great ideas and designs.....no more no less.....well at least I'll keep that to my self and not make it public....as Herb corrected me of this character disorder....oh about a year and a half ago...ha... ...thanks Herb.
Ricky

Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 11:08 am    

Maurice, I wish you and your business venture well. I didn't expect to stir up such a hornet's nest by expressing a few candid opinions, but hindsight is always 20-20. I've said all I care to on this subject.

I said it before, and I'll repeat it now, my opinion means nothing. I'm not a steel guitar legend or even a very good player. I doubt that there's even one person who would give my comments any weight. The new MSA will succeed on its own merits, that much is certain.

Good luck to you.

Greg Simmons

where the buffalo (used to) roam AND the Mojave
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 11:20 am    

Herb; I betcha you even love Bo Diddley...whodoyoulovewhodoyoulove

------------------
Greg Simmons
Custodian of the Official Sho~Bud Pedal Steel Guitar Website
http://www.telusplanet.net/~gsimmons/shobud

[This message was edited by Greg Simmons on 18 October 2002 at 12:21 PM.]

Rex Thomas

Thompson's Station, TN
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 11:59 am    

"Rattlesnake for a necktie!!"
Herb, you CRACK ME UP!! LOL!!

Danny Bates

Fresno, CA. USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 12:25 pm    

A college professor once said "Some people will buy the most expensive thing, no matter if the quality is exactly the same"

Getting back to the original post with this in mind, A graphite push-pull Emmons would sell if the list price was at least $7,000

I played in a band with an incredible guitar player. He (now deceased) always played inexpensive guitars. I think he was even more impressive with an inexpensive Fender Squire simply because he proved that it's not the instrument but the player that makes the music.

I have a '65 S10 Emmons wraparound. I can't play it one bit better than a friends Carter starter.

The Emmons inspires me. I think everybody should play an instrument that "inspires" them to make music. No matter the cost.

Byron Walcher

Ketchum, Idaho, USA
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 4:52 pm    

For whatever it may be worth, shortly after the Lashley's resumed operational control at Emmons, I had occoasion to speak to them on the phone and was told that a reissue P/P is in the works. I'll bet no one would care what material is selected for the body.
What do you think?
Byron

Al Miller

Waxahachie Texas
Post  Posted 18 Oct 2002 10:54 pm    

MR Emmons !!
you are the MAN!! you even have heart in what you speak not just what you play !
BOO

b0b

Cloverdale, CA, USA
Post  Posted 19 Oct 2002 6:51 pm    

I've been very busy and hadn't really been following this topic. Two days ago Autry Andress, who started it, asked that it be closed. Per Forum policy, I'm closing it. Better late than never, I hope.

------------------
               Bobby Lee
-b0b-   quasar@b0b.com
-System Administrator