The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  correct way to buff emmons volume pedal
Robert Rogers

Manchester,TN
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2002 5:53 pm    

Come somebody give me some advice on how to buff a emmons volume pedal?Mines looking pretty ruff.Any info would be appreciated.Have a great day.

Robert

Wayne Brown

Bassano, Alberta, Canada
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2002 8:32 pm    

hey rob...your email isn't working...but if you wanted i could buff that for you as i'm pretty slow right now...no charge ...but you would have to pay the shipping obviously...but i wouldn't mind helping you out....

wayne brown
c/o out west pac-seats

Robert Rogers

Manchester,TN
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2002 9:30 pm    

Wayne,
I appreciate it but it would have to be somewhere in nashville because I use it every weekend and its the only volume pedal i have.Thanks anyway.

Robert

[This message was edited by Robert Rogers on 17 September 2002 at 10:30 PM.]

Jerry Roller

Van Buren, Arkansas USA
Post  Posted 17 Sep 2002 10:09 pm    

Roger, go to an auto parts store and buy a can of red hand rubbing compound and a can of white machine rubbing compound, a sheet of 400 grit, a sheet of the next grit they have and a sheet of 1000 grit or finer sandpaper. Use the 400 grit to sand until the scratches are sanded out, then graduate to a finer grit and then to the finest grit cause you want to leave very light sandpaper marks to rub out. Use the red rubbing compound until the scratches left by the sandpaper are gone then use the white compound to rub to a shine. If you have some semichrome or Mothers polish you could put a final high shine on with that. It might take a week of spare time to do the job but you could still use it til it is done. This is the slow way but it will do the job. The quickest way is to take it to a chrome plating company and have them buff it out for you.
Jerry

[This message was edited by Jerry Roller on 17 September 2002 at 11:10 PM.]

George Kimery

Limestone, TN, USA
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2002 4:55 am    

I am one day away, UPS. I will also buff it for your for free as long as you pay shipping both ways, but that may not be an option, since you can't be without the pedal.

The "elbow grease" method will eventually work pretty well, but is very laborious. If you just want to clean it up and not get scratches out, then try the Simi-Chrome polish first.

To really do a first rate job, it needs to be done on a buffing wheel. We polish aluminum almost every day in my business. As suggested, a place that does chrome plating may be able to handle it for you.

Robert Rogers

Manchester,TN
Post  Posted 18 Sep 2002 9:00 am    

George give me your phone number and I'll give you a call if you dont mind.Im interested.

Thanks,
Robert

robertrogers1980@yahoo.com