The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Anybody familiar with these Hawaiian Albums?
George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 7:16 pm    

Sorry Jim, I never asked Bud about the vocalist on MY TANI...it is a lovely version. Bud's wife of many, many years is Opal. So this narrows it down to a sister if he had or has one, or his mother which is a distinct possibility as these tapes were recorded at least 35 years ago.
Bud is a very fine steel guitarist from the Sol Ho'opi'i mould and the very fact his left hand/arm is now paralyzed from the stroke is terrible tragic news. Please pray for his recovery...he needs all the help he can get !
Mahalo friends.

Jim Landers

Spokane, Wash.
Post  Posted 25 Jun 2000 8:33 pm    

I had'nt heard that Bud had had a stroke until you mentioned it. That is really bad news. I think a stroke is about one of the worst things that can happen to a person. My mother had one, and for the last 18 months of here life she was bed ridden and could'nt move or talk. It is a terrible thing for anyone to have to go through, and you can be assured Bud has my symathy and best wishes. Hopefully he can get better with therapy.

Jim

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 26 Jun 2000 6:01 am    

Hi Guys & Dolls,

I am very sorry to hear about Bud Tutmarc's stroke. Bud is a strong Christian man but we need to remember him in our prayers. As christians one of the things we are told to do is to pray for our christian brothers and sisters. So we need to lift him up to the Lord in our prayers.

There is life and there is healing in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. If your a christian, and Bud is, then he is covered by the Royal and Holy Blood of Jesus.

I know there are those who do not like to hear about the blood of Jesus, the shedding of His blood. But Jesus, lay down His life willingly for us, shed His blood because we could not save ourselves.

I Peter 1:18-20

Foreasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation recieved by tradition from your fathers;

But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a lamb without blemish and without spot;

Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

Please remember Mr. Tutmarc in your prayers.

God Bless You All!

Terry J. Wood

Terry Wood

Marshfield, MO
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2000 8:00 pm    

Hi Guys,

Well guys I couldn't decide, so I just went ahead and ordered these CDs from Cord International by these steel guitarists:

Sol Hoopii- Master of the Hawaiian Guitar Volumes I and II

Jerry Byrd- Polynesian Suite

Hawaiian Steel - Made In Hawaii by various steel guitarists.

Plus, I ordered three cassettes by Bud Tutmarc titled Sounds of Paradise, Simply Beautiful, and Beautiful Isle. Everything I have ever heard by Bud Tutmarc is really good. I am very partial to his Gospel Steel Recordings. They are relaxing and worshipful, it's evident by listening to these that he has a personal relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ.

God Bless You All!

George Keoki Lake

Edmonton, AB., Canada
Post  Posted 4 Jul 2000 6:37 pm    

You will enjoy those Gospel tapes by Bud. I have most of his productions and have had many hours of enjoyment listening to his melodic style. Bud is (was?) one of the few remaining Hawaiian Steel Guitarists who stayed with the standard 6 string format and used the old traditional C# minor tuning. His style centered on single notes primarily as he never went in for the big chordal sounds. Every note he played was played with precision. Bud could also play the fast tunes like HILO MARCH in the Sol Ho'opi'i style. We can only hope and pray he recovers from his debilitating stroke which has left him unable to play his beloved instrument.

[This message was edited by George Keoki Lake on 04 July 2000 at 07:45 PM.]

[This message was edited by George Keoki Lake on 04 July 2000 at 07:47 PM.]