The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.
Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 6:39 am    

We had a great jam session this Sunday at the Converse American Legion. Roger Edgington, Randy Boyd, Billy Phelps, Dave "The Commander" Goodman, Ken Metcalf, Mark Moseley, Stephen Cowell, myself, and Robert Pittman were the players. Stephen Cowell did a great job with his 8 string dobro on Milk Cow Blues. Once again Dave Goodman sang Shake, Rattle and Roll and had everyone rockin. Billy Phelps did not play account of a very bad back. We enjoyed having Billy and Patty join us. Jimmy Allen and Lonnie Castleman were present but did not play.
Our band did a very good job and we appreciate each of them coming out to back us up. Players were Kenny Piper vocals, fiddle and guitar, Mark Moseley guitar when he wasn't playing steel, Jim Blakey lead guitar, Brian Folks drums, and Jim Kleckler on bass. Thank you all very much. Our good friend Jimmy Bolado and his wife Dyan were present and Jimmy did a fantastic job playing and singing a medley of his favorite songs and playing bass.Once again the William Randolph American Legion in Converse, Texas were great to us. The food was good and their help is greatly appreciated. Our next jam session will be Labor Day to stay with the first Sunday of the month. February thru September when we will close for the year. The reason for not having our meetings from October through January is that so many of our players go bird hunting, bow hunting, deer hunting, and watch a lot of football and go to a lot of football games. This gives us a break to enjoy all the above and start back up the first Sunday after the Super Bowl and in March go back to the first Sunday of the month through September again. Thanks again to all who were present and all who contributed...jr

Billy Gilbert

Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 1:26 pm     jam

GREAT SHOW JOE!!!!!

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 1:34 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Thank you Billy...you've been to every one of our jam sessions and we appreciate your support....jr.

Mark Moseley

Brady,Texas, USA
Post  Posted 6 Aug 2012 6:46 pm     steeling san antonio

Joe, thanks so much for pulling all this together and keeping us on track for the season. I am sorry I will not be able to make the last session of the year but heck, it was a good run. I want to thank all the wonderful guys and gals in the band and all the fellow steel players and the good "Folks" that filmed the whole thing! Everybody brought some good playing and it was just a whole lot of fun. Roger thanks for the teaching that you did. I am looking forward to next season. Best regards to all.

Jim Blakey

SanAntonio, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 3:05 am     Jim Blakey

Once again it was great and some of the best steel guitar players in Texas doing what they do best. Thanks again for letting me be a part of this jam session and meet some very fine folks. Joe you all have done a great job putting this jam on. It was great seeing Jim Kleckler after so many years and still playing that bass as good as ever.

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 7 Aug 2012 3:23 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Mark, you have contributed greatly to our jam sessions as Jim has...one of the drawbacks of taking this fall break is not seeing each other at least once a month. Thank you both for your gracious comments and be careful and stay in touch while we're off doing different things for a few months. We've had 7 great jam sessions and September will be just as good.Thank you both again and for being my friends...jr

Mike Ester

New Braunfels, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 11:09 am    

I missed not being there. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.

Mike Ester

New Braunfels, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 11:09 am    

Edit

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning.

Last edited by Mike Ester on 8 Aug 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 11:41 am     San Antonio Steel Guitar Association

Mike we missed you being there...hope you can make Labor Day...jr

Randy Boyd

Victoria, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 5:02 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Association

Joe, All,

Thanks for letting me sit in with you last Sunday. It was good seeing everyone - some old friends, and some new ones. I really enjoyed it!

Your buddy,

Randy (Victoria Flash, as Jody Sanders nick-named me) Very Happy Very Happy

Joe Rouse

San Antonio, Texas
Post  Posted 8 Aug 2012 5:05 pm     San Antonio Steel Guitar Assoc.

Hey Flash,
Each time I see your name I think of Jody. Glad to have had you and Billy and Patty and hope you come back when you have a chance. You were awesome...jr