The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Emmons P/P Repair In SF Bay Area?
Bob Snelgrove

san jose, ca
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 5:41 am    

Hi Gang,

Pulled out the old Jimmy Crawford 9/10 Emmons out of moth balls this week My, oh my; I forgot how much I love that guitar.

Been playing my Franklin the last 6 years or so and thought I'd see how hard the Emmons would feel to play. Well, it isn't hard, it's an amazing guitar. Maybe because I played it for so long and cut my teeth on it, but it felt like I was home again. Strange.

I would like to change some knee lever changes that I have got use to on the Franklin, but don't remember how to work on the P/P or even how to tune it! After bringing it up to pitch, all the pedal/knee changes are still in tune and TONE to die for. Even my band members were saying WOW, that sounds awesome.

Anyway, I need someone in the SF area to do a few changes for me a maybe give it a little tune up.

Let me know who is still out there and knows his stuff on P/P repairs?

thx

bob

Bob Lawrence

Beaver Bank, Nova Scotia, Canada
Post  Posted 22 Aug 2002 6:49 am    

Bob,

The guide on John Lacey's site may help you.
http://www.cadvision.com/laceyj/guide.html

------------------

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2002 10:26 am    

bob,
i'm no mike cass but i've set up a few p/p's for myself and friends. if your coming through sacramento sometime you can call me (916-441-4301) or perhaps we could talk down your way. i deliver furniture to a store at camden and union usually every thursday around noon...though next week i've got a thursday fair gig so i might not be doing that day...or week. all i can do is what i'd do to make it work for me...look at it and figure it out..i've had good luck at it....if nothing else, i could tell you what to do, or help you with it. e-mail me if you like at: chrisivey2002@yahoo.com

chris ivey

california (deceased)
Post  Posted 31 Aug 2002 10:29 am    

and yeah, john lacey's stuff is right on...i refer to it whenever i need to remember something!
at the bottom of the steel guitar for hire page of my website http://pedalsteel.homestead.com
is a picture of the top of one of my bolt-on p/p's that i rebuilt.

[This message was edited by chris ivey on 31 August 2002 at 11:51 AM.]