The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  steelseats announces - effects in a box on legs
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2012 7:41 pm    

After seeing steel players bang their heads while trying to change an effects and "banging their heads" on the steel and that is about the time they say, "%#@#%&" - you get the idea.

I decided to make a stand for effects that sets beside the steel. It has a detachable lid and folding legs (legs fold just like a steelseat)

Top view - 12 1/2 x 16 1/2 space for effects in this unit

Birds eye view -

Below is front view -

And below is with the lid on (there will be foam in on the inside of the lid so that the effects will be secured in place.

As you can see there is trim all the way around the unit with a handle in the lid.

Height of the effects are 13" to the base of the effects

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Bob Vantine

Freeville, New York, USA
Post  Posted 28 Jun 2012 9:58 pm    

Cool Cool NICE JOE ! Cool Cool
Peavey Guitars

Dickie Whitley

Post  Posted 29 Jun 2012 2:28 am    

Yes, very nice!! Joe, could you email me a price on this? I think I can see several uses for it right now. Very creative engineering.

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2012 4:33 am    

Joe, please PM or email me too. I'm interested. I'm also wondering if a cage for a brick (voodoo lab or ?) power supply unit can be mounted in the leg cavity somewhere, so the power block does not rob pedalboard real estate. How high off the floor are these coming in at? (approx)?

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2012 5:01 am     Thanks for the comments

I can send photos if you send me your email = mine is joe.naylor@att.net - can not send photos as far as I know on the email / PM on the forum.

The base of the effecs dimension is 13" - I have put an 8 each 9 volt out put cord in this one so there will be no need for all the cords that black tube across the top has a slot in it and you can simply take out as many power outlets as need up to 8 - 9 volt. I simply pulled out 4 for the photo. But that saves room and makes it look better.

Thanks

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Tom Wolverton

Carpinteria, CA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2012 6:20 am    

Looks super. I want one. Might even be able to mount a GK head in this. Also, we now have a great solid table to hang drink holders from. : )

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 29 Jun 2012 6:36 am    

I will go to my special retail establishment "Wally World" and a couple others and may just run a special for existing steelseat customers.

Drink holder for a bottle of water FREE (maybe) Very Happy

Just kiddin - if I find something that works well they would --- OF Course make sure it is included. Let me check but I think that is doable.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Chad Karnitz

Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2012 6:32 pm    

I'm interested. How much?

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 30 Jun 2012 6:43 pm     Thanks

Thanks for the note

That size is 12 x 16 inside for the effects area - $225 plus $40 for shipping to Wisc.

Thanks my email is joe.naylor@att.net

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2012 1:41 pm     PM sent

I sent you a PM, I don't know if it got to you or not.

Geo

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2012 1:49 pm     a note

Just sent you an answer my email is joe.naylor@att.net in case you do not get the one from the forum.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

George McLellan

Duluth, MN USA
Post  Posted 1 Jul 2012 5:50 pm     e-mail

I can't get your e-mail to work.

Try me at:

macdo@q.com

Geo

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 2 Jul 2012 5:49 am     Thanks

thanks George email sent

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2012 7:32 am     Thanks

Lots of interest and people wanting these

thanks for the orders they are going to all over the place

Thanks again

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Andy Zahnd

Switzerland
Post  Posted 5 Jul 2012 9:51 am    

Since I have all gimmicks in my rack... that's not something for me......
but if it goes to "service" and "staying behind the product"..... Joe Naylor will die befor he's not supporting you! What a guy and what a high quality of all his products! Ashame in our days... guys like Joe are real hard to find! Very Happy

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2012 8:11 pm     Thanks

Thanks Andy that means a lot - it is 9 PM here on Friday night and just came in from the shop after a long day - this makes it worth while.

Getting ready to start another batch of these effects units so anyone interested let me know and I will through a couple more in the batch. If not will put some seats in the batch.

Thanks again Andy

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Brian Henry

Post  Posted 9 Jul 2012 4:09 pm    

I wish I could afford one of these. I use an old coke bottle crate - used it for years.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2012 4:46 pm     ideas

Milk cases, folding chairs and Coke cases is kinda where I got the idea - plus all the cussin from the guys that had them on the floor and hit their head 2 or 3 times everytime they adjustaded a knob.

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com