The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  New MSA Sounds Incredible!
Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 6 Jul 2002 7:26 pm    

Last night Tom McDonald and I heard Reese Anderson play the new MSA. Simply stated, the MSA steel had a sweet clear tone with excellent tone defintion and sustain. I know that any guitar would sound excellent with Reese playing it but 'my ears' only confirmed what several other friends have told me about the new MSA.

The MSA website is remarkable in showing the beauty of the guitar, but the black D-10 MSA Reese played is absolutely an incredible work of detail, beauty and precision in design. Thanks MSA for a fresh and creative design to take the steel to the next level in design and sound.

Thanks Reese for allowing me to see the guitar during your break. By the way, my parents so appreciated you and your lovely wife for taking the time to have them backstage. Can hardly wait to have a new MSA!
Bill Simmons, Keller, TX

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 3:50 am    

Bill....Thank you so much for your flattering comments and for attending the Country Music Review show and bringing your parents(Rick and Lil)with you!

I would also like to take this opportunity to invite everyone who may be interested in seeing and hearing the new Millennium, to visit the theater in Arlington Texas any Friday or Saturday evening.

Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 1:30 pm    

Thanks for the report Bill!! I can't wait to get up there to see & hear one of these new machines, hopefully just after the S-12 is out. I'm sure it will exceed my imagination!!

I've been to the Country Music Revue several times and I must say that it is a real class act. The bands sound and musicianship is second to none!!!

Ts McDonald

Arlington, Texas USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 4:14 pm    

With "Reference" to Bill Simmons' "Post" above, I believe that he is exactly "222 % Correct" with his assessment of the "New MSA MILLENNIUM STEELGUITAR"!!!!!! Bill also made what I feel was most certainly a very "Prophetic and Poignant Statement", in that he felt after "Seeing, Hearing and Sitting Behind" the "MSA MILLENNIUM", Tone, Sustain, Clarity, that it certainly would be classified as "The Steinway" of Steelguitars!!!!!!

------------------
Ts

Bobby Lee

Cloverdale, California, USA
Post  Posted 7 Jul 2002 4:45 pm    

Reece has one already? No fair!

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic) Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)

Bill Simmons

Keller, Texas/Birmingham, AL, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 8 Jul 2002 11:16 am    

Hey Bobby...that's what I told Reese Friday night that it was not fair for him to have a beautiful sounding and looking new MSA and not me!! I even offered to pack his new MSA, carry it to my car and take it to my house for safe keeping, but he didn't go for it!!

I must add that anytime in talking with Reese I've never heard him say anything negative about the other steel guitar companies. In fact, he always tells me that the other folks are also making wonderful guitars.

Well, I must go and work so I can get the new MSA!!

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 9:33 am    

Bill, could you describe the tone? Is it bright like an Emmons? Dark like the old MSA?
Completely new and different?

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 10:02 am    

Maybe it sounds like a Williams 400

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom

Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 10:07 am    

Somehow I doubt that.

Reece Anderson

Keller Texas USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 11:19 am    

Bobby Lee....For the record, I don't have a new Millennium, the guitar I'm currently playing is strictly a prototype.

Marco....Sorry to say I have not had the pleasure of hearing a new Williams 400, but I have no doubt it sounds great, and I might also add, I have never heard a Williams that didn't.

Bobby Lee....would you care to elaborate on your comment concerning the sound comparison you eluded too, and explain your basis of analysis/determination?

[This message was edited by Reece Anderson on 09 July 2002 at 01:30 PM.]

Bobbe Seymour

Hendersonville TN USA, R.I.P.
Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 12:14 pm    

Thanks ! Your spelling is improving as much as mine!

Bobbe

[This message was edited by BobbeSeymour on 09 July 2002 at 09:12 PM.]

Bobby Lee

Post  Posted 9 Jul 2002 12:48 pm    

Reece,

My Williams is a wooden guitar with a very "Sho-Bud-ish" sound. It has rich harmonics that you would probably describe as "inconsistent". I really doubt that it sounds at all like a carbon fibre guitar, which I imagine is considerably more "controlled".

------------------
Bobby Lee - email: quasar@b0b.com - gigs - CDs
Sierra Session 12 (E9), Williams 400X (Emaj9, D6), Sierra Olympic 12 (F Diatonic) Sierra Laptop 8 (D13), Fender Stringmaster (E13, A6)