The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Sho-Bud LDG
Lonny Servin

Oregon, WI, USA
Post  Posted 15 Jun 2002 12:21 pm    

I have a LDG that I purchased used in the 70's. It has been in my closet since 1980. I set it up yesterday, and noted the s/n is 4690. Can anyone help me determine the year this was manufactured? Does anyone have a serial number close to this one? Thank you. Lonny

Lonny Servin

Oregon, WI, USA
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2002 6:08 pm    

It does not look like anyone will help me, b0b, please close this thread. Thank you Lonny

Bobby Boggs

Upstate SC.
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2002 9:00 pm    

Lonny:
Don't give up yet.If all else fails.Try Bobbe at Steel Guitar Nashville.If he don't know it.He'll make somthing up. Naw.Bobbe knows the old Buds about as well as anyone.Best of luck. ---bb

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 18 Jun 2002 9:58 pm    

Maybe you can give a description, does it have wide or narrow pedals, curved or straight knee-levers?
How many raise and lower, On the stcker with the serial number there is a line:inspected by....

Give us some details and we should be able to make a good guess.

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom

Lem Smith

Long Beach, MS
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2002 6:42 am    

Lonny, from what I remember reading on the forum in the past, the serial numbers weren't of much use in determining the age of a Sho~Bud. Marco is correct...if you can give more of a description, someone should be able to get you pretty close to the year.

Lem

Lonny Servin

Oregon, WI, USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2002 9:56 am    

This guitar is a single raise, single lower. It has the curved knee levers (4) It has the large radius on the front top of guitar. It used to have the large pedals. I brought this guitar to Nashville in 1978 to the Sho~Bud factory. When I picked it up a week later,after the Fan Fair, it had been converted to a different type of tuning, (the rods were secured to the belcranks and nylon nuts were place at the end piece.) The under-carriage parts were completely removed and the inside cabinet was painted black.The newer style pedal bar was installed, with the narrow pedals and a mount for a volume pedal. This was all done for $110.00, including a new style volume pedal. I beleive an employee of Sho~Bud took it home with him and did this work. It looks like there are some emmons parts on the tuning rods.(half tone tuners for the E to F, and third pedal B to C#) Best Regards, Lonny p.s. I met Bobbe at this time. He was playing a club in Printer's Alley. The band played behind the Bar. I do not remember what brand guitar he was playing, but he was using an Echo-plex. He blew my mind.

Ricky Davis

Bertram, Texas USA
Post  Posted 19 Jun 2002 9:39 pm    

Your LDG was born in 1974.
Too bad it was all changed up....especially the pedals....but I bet it still sounds great.
Ricky

Marco Schouten

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Post  Posted 20 Jun 2002 9:57 am    

Ricky,
I was going to say the same thing, 1974.

------------------
Steelin' Greetings
Marco Schouten
Sho-Bud Pro III Custom