The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Topic:  **steelseat announces swivel and more options At TX Show**
Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 13 Mar 2012 8:03 pm    

steelseats had a swivel steelseat on display at the Dallas Show this past week

Other options added lately are

Adjustable height (up to 2")

Adjustable Back Rest angle

TALL seats for guitar and bass players

and more

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Ransom Beers

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 12:54 pm    

I have always wondered when someone would come up with that idea of swivel seat for steel players,in fact I thought trying to build something like that at one time ,that's a great idea,hope you sell a million of em'.

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 1:16 pm     Photo added

Photo of Swivel Seat for all models - even with SideKar (I was asked about the SideKar Model in Dallas and have that figured out also,

Also Adjustable Height / Levelers (2" max. adjustment)

Adjustable Back Rest Angle

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com
Joe Naylor, Avondale, AZ (Phoenix) Announcer/Emcee owner www.steelseat.com *** OFFERING SEATS AND Effects cases with or without legs and other stuff ****** -Desert Rose Guitar S-10, Life Member of the Arizona Carport Pickers Assoc., Southwest Steel Guitar Assoc., Texas Steel Guitar Assoc., GA Steel Guitar Assoc., KS Steel Guitar Assoc. (Asleep at the Steel) tag line willed to me by a close late friend RIP

Ransom Beers

Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 1:47 pm    

Joe is there a locking lever for when you swing back under the guitar?

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 14 Mar 2012 3:35 pm    

not yet

it was mentioned in Dallas

but have not done that yet

no recliner yet either but that was mention Very Happy

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

John Castelletti

Post  Posted 31 Mar 2012 12:33 pm     Re: Photo added

Joe Naylor wrote:
Photo of Swivel Seat for all models - even with SideKar (I was asked about the SideKar Model in Dallas and have that figured out also,

Also Adjustable Height / Levelers (2" max. adjustment)

Adjustable Back Rest Angle

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

now this is cool! i bought a seat last year from another manufacturer and expressed concern about the stock height being too low for me...and unfortunately it is. Thats not really a big deal because i understand everyone is built differently and for 95% of people it probably is.. What I don't like is getting blown off by the other manufacturer when I wanted to order legs that were one inch taller. A phone call yielded the ol' "send me an email". 2 emails later I still havent heard a response so that guarantees that he will never get a dime out of me.

I really like the way you think Joe, very cool ideas! I may have to put mine up in the classifieds and make an order!

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 31 Mar 2012 2:11 pm     Thanks for the note

Thanks John - I have several on order currently that are 2 to 3 inches taller than what is standard plus one or 2 shorter.

My idea on the height is - I make the legs and it does not matter to me if I through away 2" or 3" of scrap material.

After owning steelseats a few years I have found people want different options so I try to offer them if possible.

Adjustable height, adjustable back rest, SideKars, any color (some I do not want to look at but I only look at them for a few days and then ship them Very Happy )--- now the swivel. I am making steelseats for a lot more than steel guitar players.

I have recently sent a seat to a guitar player that is the deep Original model with a SideKar - he puts his effects unit in it plus CD's so he has everthing on one place.

I also have made long legs which are bar stool height for bass players, guitar players and a stand up steel player or 2.

The swivel came out of conversations with keyboard players and people that play more than one instrument.

On the Original models also offer telescoping handles and wheels for rolling around rather than carrying it.

Thanks for the note - let me know what you want and I will try.

No heated seats (yet) or refrigerators (yet) -

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Gene Jones

Oklahoma City, OK USA, (deceased)
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2012 8:43 am    

SWIVEL SEATS! What a great idea Joe. Almost makes me want to un-retire so I can buy one.

I was one who once thought an upside down coke case on a folding chair was innovative. Very Happy

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 4 Apr 2012 8:14 pm    

Well Gene I actually attended engineering class at OU Very Happy

Just kiddin from one Okie to another one.

Thanks for the note.

I had had someone ask me to make one a couple years ago and the problem was that most swivels are too light duty - I finally found on in late January and took this first one to the show in Dallas - that one actually is in Roy Rosetta's house now. Roy talked about wanting a swivel and he got the first one.

Several steel players liked them and ordered them in Dallas too. Some play a couple instruments and will be happy to not have to get up and move to another seat.

One guy had back surgery and said that once he sat on a steelseat he was fine (the firm cushion was what had helped him for the last couple years) he said that he actually sat behind his steel during break because getting simply hurt too much - he told me that this was the ticket.

thanks again for the note - just trying to build what people want

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com

Ray Uhl

Riverside, Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 16 Apr 2012 9:46 pm    

The last seat I bought was back in the 70's with the squeeze rod type legs. I always wondered why no one made one with the back rest, adjustable legs, and most importantly the swivel seat. I contemplated building my own, but settled for an old style office chair that does it all...personal opinion, I even like the mobility of the roller legs.

Now I feel justified in purchasing a new seat. Goes to show, if one waits long enough good things will happen. Good going. Very Happy Very Happy

Joe Naylor

Avondale, Arizona, USA
Post  Posted 17 Apr 2012 5:15 am    

Thanks Ray and all besides the forum notes I want to also thank all those that have emailed me as well.

Several on order and several inquiries.

This like most of the options are a result of people asking for different things. Some take longer than others simply because it is not always easy to find the right parts. This swivel was a 2 year project - simply could not find a heavy duty enough swivel.

Thanks again for the notes

Joe Naylor
www.steelseat.com