The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  MSA-financing
Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2002 11:43 am    

Great idea,especialy for us broke musicians.So far I don`t remember seeing any of the steel guitar companies offering financing, which (if you ask me) is a great thing.I never played an MSA but would definetly be interested in purchasing a professional instrument that is offered with affordable financing.If I`m not mistaken,we`ll know about that around 06.15
Maybe that will be something that will change steel guitar world making high class instruments affordable to everyone.I would sure love to see that happend.
Damir

------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/damirzanne/damirzanne1.html

Richard Sinkler

aka: Rusty Strings -- Missoula, Montana
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2002 1:07 pm    

Financing is a great idea. Problem is, that most of the builders probably don't have the ability to do their own financing. That would require large sums of money in reserve which I don't believe most have. They would be waiting probably 2 years (assuming that to be the length of the loan) to recover the 3 or 4 grand while still having to meet their obligations of paying bills, salaries, etc. They would probably have to arrange something with a lending company to do this.

I don't know how MSA plans on doing this, but I am glad to see this option available.

------------------
Carter D10 9p/10k
Richard Sinkler

Sidney Malone

Buna, TX
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2002 2:40 pm    

I have talked to Reece & Jerry about the MSA financing a few month's back as they were throwing around different options. I'm not sure which options they are going to settle on but everything they talked about was great!

To my knowledge, no other manufacturer has ever offered the type of financing MSA is contemplating.

They realize that not many people could buy a high end instrument as this will be if they had to come up with the cash for it.

If I would have had to pay cash for my Suburban, I'd still be driving my '71 1/2 ton!!

Sidney

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 1 Jun 2002 5:40 pm    

Guy`s I can tell you one thing,If those guys in MSA figure out good financing plan,I`ll probably end up as a owner of a nice D-10 MSA Millenium my best wishes to them.
damir

------------------

Mike Perlowin

Los Angeles CA
Post  Posted 2 Jun 2002 12:19 am    

Quote:
I never played an MSA

You have a treat in store. I love both of mine, although I definately prefer the maple/lacquer guitar to the mica one.

I find it hard to imagine how the new guitars could be any better then the one I already have.

[This message was edited by Mike Perlowin on 02 June 2002 at 12:58 PM.]

Damir Besic

Nashville,TN.
Post  Posted 3 Jun 2002 5:11 pm    

nice guitar Mike

------------------