The Steel Guitar Forum Store 

Reply to topic
Author Topic:  Pedal Steel for the Guitar Player
Terry Eubanks

Arkansas, USA
Post  Posted 16 Mar 2012 8:55 pm    

I've posted on here before about the scam that Scott Grove is pulling on Ebay and how I was dumb enough to actually order a DVD from him and then I cancelled it before it arrived. He is selling teaching videos aimed at guitar players who want to play PSG. Even though his ad said you can "keep it and use it for a coaster" I returned it without opening the package. I eventually even got a refund after a lengthy fight with him, ebay and paypal.

I thought everthing was over with and I would never hear from him ever again. WRONG!!

Not only did I receive another email from him tonight, he is now stalking me and found my work email address and sent the email below to it. I changed the wording so not to offend anyone on this forum. Short background,...I had orginally purchased the video for my son to try and learn by....but he became more ill and was simply too weak to even try. I then decided I would give it a try but found the teaching to be a joke at best and cancelled the order. Here's the email I got tonight from Sctoo Grove: Again...I am the one who corrected the profanity.....

I received the DVD back today you a__hole. If you really do have a son, I hope he is dead by now and that you are soon to follow. People like you don't deserve to live. Take your own life and do the world a favor.

Here's what I am asking of each forum member... PLEASE help get the word out on this guy. Lets stop him and his so-called business and make sure he does not continue to give the PSG or music world another black eye. Law Enforcement is looking into the case. No matter thier decision, from a legal aspect, this is not over...not by a long shot.

By the way...to the forum member that stood up for him and said he's a nice guy....if THIS is the language and thought process of what you consider a nice guy I'm thankful you and I do not know each other. I am also thankful that I sold my plane last year. I would be making a trip to Nevada to visit Mr. Grove in person otherwise.

Paul King

Gainesville, Texas, USA
Post  Posted 17 Mar 2012 4:59 am    

That is totally uncalled for. He says you should sound like a pro in a week. Well, I heard him play and he sure did not sound like a pro. Personally, I will not buy anything or look for his site. Too bad people today stoop to such low nonsense.

Jerry L Miller

Sublette, Kansas, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2012 5:14 am    

when i saw the video i knew it was a scam. if he found your work e-mail he may be looking for peoples identy to rip them off...

Bill Nevins

st.charles,Missouri, USA
Post  Posted 18 Mar 2012 6:28 pm    

I see on u-tube this guy teaches you to setup your guitar amp so that you never have to pay anyone to set it up again.Just curious if any of you guys(or girls)ever paid someone to set your amp for you,if you do I,m looking for work..